Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.2 dti bits  (Read 1446 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
2.2 dti bits
« on: 28 August 2019, 12:51:22 »

i have a pair of xenon headlights that came off a 02 elite. both needed cleaning . one cleaned good but the other lens needed the interior doing so removed the lens but never got round to doing it, also a dti aux belt tensioner + belt in good nick. a steering idler ( was originally ordered for a next day delivery but never arrived so the supplier sent another one out , they both arrived & i was told to keep both. the one that was fitted was on over 5 yrs. a full set of rear brake shoes (new)  all items are free to any one that wants or willing to take all.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 dti bits
« Reply #1 on: 04 September 2019, 00:08:41 »

General experience says the non-GM steering idlers don't last two mins/have more play than the used ones they're supposed to replace - but you saw 5 years on one - what make was it, out of interest?

(this is me assuming this is a non-GM idler, of course!)

Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 dti bits
« Reply #2 on: 04 September 2019, 22:42:05 »

General experience says the non-GM steering idlers don't last two mins/have more play than the used ones they're supposed to replace - but you saw 5 years on one - what make was it, out of interest?

(this is me assuming this is a non-GM idler, of course!)
dont know the make. just seems a shame to take everything to the tip when an oof member may make some use of. i also have some 10/40 oil enough to probably do a couple of oil changes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.