Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My '95 3.0 Elite wagon  (Read 1532 times)

r.welfare

• Newbury, Berkshire
    • View Profile
My '95 3.0 Elite wagon
« on: 05 April 2007, 19:27:00 »

Just the one photo today, as I cleaned the old girl as she has sat since ClarCE did the cam cover gaskets a couple of weeks back.

I will take some more pics of the interior etc if people are interested.

Basic info: January '95 so an early one, 3.0 with a 5 speed, black leather.  126k miles up.  The photo flatters the condition (ClarCE can confirm!) - a few knocks here and there, rust creeping in on the bottom of the doors and the usual windowledges, needs a new driver's door moulding which may (or may not) be here shortly (some eBay sellers...).  A few faults like broken check strap on the driver's door, central locking dead, and it is still leaking a little oil from somewhere...

...but it drives well, goes a bit as it's a manual, all the heated seats (and both headlamp washers) work and has already made itself an invaluable member of my motoring menagerie due to it's usefulness.  It will be carting garden rubble to the tip all weekend... ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: My '95 3.0 Elite wagon
« Reply #1 on: 05 April 2007, 20:07:07 »

Elite manual, a rare beast that.... and you have both headlight washer jets! Thats rare too. Superb example  :y

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2007, 22:03:41 »

I really liked this Omega when I got to drive it a couple of weeks back - thats whats spurred my chip and 3.0L cam therapy im about to give mine :D

All the stuff is fixable on this car, just a little more tlc and it'll be good as new - oh yeah, it pulls like anything and its HUGE!
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::
To Do   - :: Facelift Rear Bumper, Door Mouldings :: Irsmsher Front Air Da

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 April 2007, 22:37:30 »

Elite manual, a rare beast that.... and you have both headlight washer jets! Thats rare too. Superb example  :y

Yep it took me along time to find mine. Yours looks tidy :y
Retired

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 April 2007, 20:25:15 »

Nice looking car Richard, a credit to your hard work  :)
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

r.welfare

• Newbury, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 April 2007, 20:35:04 »

Thanks for all the kind comments chaps.  I will take some more pictures tomorrow.  It has the 'phone cradle' front armrest which I think must be quite unusual!

Took it for a 100 mile run today, it went fine (30mpg) but still leaking/burning some oil.  I will get under it again tomorrow - ClarCE thinks it might be the oil cooler pipe above the oil filter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.