Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks for all the help  (Read 3391 times)

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
Thanks for all the help
« on: 18 March 2007, 21:06:48 »

Just want to say thanks to everyone on the forum for all your help in getting know and sorting issues with the Omega. Couldn't have done it without you! Hopefully meet up with some of you soon.

The bumcat and I are going to Italy early tomorrow morning and we're taking the Omega! I've driven a lot on the continent, but always fly/drive - first time for taking a car from here. Anyway, the SatNav is installed - that should take of the main man driving/woman daydreaming/traveling thing, haven't got the Bose installation complete, but we have sound, hotels are booked, weather forecast isn't looking fantastic tho (snow).

Looking forward to the time off, and relaxing when we get there.

I'll post a few pictures on here if anyone's intersested, bet there aren't too many RHD Omegas down that way.

Here's the starting point...

The first 90% of a job takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks for all the help
« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2007, 21:12:41 »

Take care on the trip BC and I hope you enjoy the relaxation time :y
Retired

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 March 2007, 21:30:17 »

Enjoy :)

I've taken mine down to South of France a few times :y
Grumpy old man

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2007, 18:41:10 »

Have a great time :y
I like red cars

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 March 2007, 23:15:04 »

Well 4 days, 1700 miles and £300 worth of petrol later we're finally in Southern Italy. We've had a very smooth journey - the Omega has proven to be a very comfortable car to travel in, especially when cruising at high speed for extended periods.

My mechanic changed both the engine and autotrans oil just before we left and both are running fine. The only hitch was the VX dealer who somehow managed to charge me for activating the Cruise Control and Board Computer without actually doing the work, or checking that it was done >:(

We had a hairy section running into a snowstorm in Switzerland coming up to a 9km tunnel. The snow just suddenly started coming down, and by the time we got to the tunnel entrance the red lights were on - it did provide me an oportunity to stand in the middle of a motorway taking photographs :o

We also had snow as far down as the south of Italy, in the Sila region. They'd only just opened the motorway that morning.

The first 90% of a job takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 March 2007, 01:22:54 »

Big Cat those are amazing photos!!! I cannot wait to get out there myself  :)

Does it still snow in like that Switzerland during August? Could be fun in the Senny with no TC and a drive with no skills!  :D ;D

DaveL

• Omega Knight
  • Nr. Cupar, Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 March 2007, 09:07:02 »

Looks like fun. ;D ;D
 8-)
DaveL

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 April 2007, 14:37:14 »

Hi Guys, we took the ferry over to Sicily on Sunday, unfortunately I didn't get my photo of the Omega on the top deck with Etna in the background, nevertheless I did get an interesting one of the SatNav display with the Omega masquerading as a boat. I saw another, LHD Omega going on to the ferry before us - we're getting a lot of stares from people not used to RHD cars  :o

On a slightly different note, I visited the local Opel dealer who hooked up two different Tech II units (one with CANdi) and neither would talk to the Omega!

I'm missing my daily dose of the OOF, as the internet connection down here is so slow it's a bit like trying to breath through a straw :(

SatNav showing the location of the Omega UBoat...

Loading onto the ferry for Messina...

Passing the time on-board...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 April 2007, 15:01:11 »

Passing the time on-board...

Your wife has got into the euro spirit, though she has forgotten which side the steering wheel is in a UK car.....
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 April 2007, 09:51:06 »

more great pics, i wonder how much the ferry is... thinking of doing that myself when in italy...

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 April 2007, 01:09:19 »

more great pics, i wonder how much the ferry is... thinking of doing that myself when in italy...

Hi Tunnie, the ferry's quite cheap, from memory EUR24 return if you come back within 4 days, there are no tolls on the motorways south of Naples until you get to Sicily, in fact most things are quite inexpensive; petrol is about EUR 1.22 - 1.25 (81 - 83p).

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07 April 2007, 11:47:37 »

Hi Tunnie, the ferry's quite cheap, from memory EUR24 return if you come back within 4 days, there are no tolls on the motorways south of Naples until you get to Sicily, in fact most things are quite inexpensive; petrol is about EUR 1.22 - 1.25 (81 - 83p).

Sounds interesting  :)

If its 24EUR thats good, according to xe.com thats £16!  :o I'll defo be doing that!  :D

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08 April 2007, 12:55:53 »

Excellent pictures Big Cat - hope you are enjoying your break and looking forward to more updates.
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 April 2007, 19:35:30 »

Latest update from Italy...

Sorted out two of the new tyres yesterday. One had a puncture from a plaster sheeting screw, and the other had a very slow leak from around the rim. Spent a nice hour and a half in the sun chatting to the local Gommista (tyre man) and his assistant who carefully examined and repaired my tyres - a pleasant change from London. Got a real shock with the bill - EUR20 (about £13) for the lot!!

Several drivers have nearly run off the road gawking at our car with no steering wheel on the drivers side  :o

Now in Tuscany, on our way back, saw some majestic mountains coming north towards Naples

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 April 2007, 19:56:57 »

yet another stunning picture, i seriously cannot wait to get out there myself.... really, really looking forward to it.

BigCat, can I ask did you see how much tyres were out there? Or generally in Europe.... my Senny does need new ones but with limited funds left considering leaving them for a while!

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 14 April 2007, 21:38:11 »

Eccellent piccys Big Cat. You mention in your first post meeting up ,why not concider the Scotland meet England meet in the lakes in June? after all after the trip your doing Battersea to the lake would be a strole round the block
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #16 on: 14 April 2007, 22:16:57 »

yes stunning pictures indeed  :y
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.