Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Which Bluetooth ?  (Read 6830 times)

STEMO

Re: Which Bluetooth ?
« Reply #45 on: 27 October 2018, 17:29:19 »

Is the data lead important then ? That's the only thing not included.  :-\
Edit. Looks like it is for non Bluetooth / wireless phones.
I hope it doesn't work, yer bastard  ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 27 October 2018, 18:17:07 »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantronics-K100-Mounted-Bluetooth-Speaker-Black/dp/B0046VXB3M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1540660184&sr=8-1&keywords=plantronics+k100

I have one of ^^^ in my Smart courtesy of my Dad courtesy of Costco which I think is similar to Lizzie's. It works very well. It even tells you when the battery needs charging  but lasts ages on a charge.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 27 October 2018, 19:53:57 »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantronics-K100-Mounted-Bluetooth-Speaker-Black/dp/B0046VXB3M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1540660184&sr=8-1&keywords=plantronics+k100

I have one of ^^^ in my Smart courtesy of my Dad courtesy of Costco which I think is similar to Lizzie's. It works very well. It even tells you when the battery needs charging  but lasts ages on a charge.

Yes, in terms of those specifications it is similar to the Jabra Freeway, and mine does just clip onto the sun visor but only has 12 hours talk time, which for me is a good two months of use.  It is very reliable, clear, and does it's job well, but for some is classed as "expensive".  For me though it is perfect and is far better than the previous Parratt I had that gave up after 1 year!  Mine was just £65 compared to that example which is £86, but for quality you pay what suits you;)
« Last Edit: 27 October 2018, 19:55:49 by Lizzie Zoom »

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 28 October 2018, 09:08:33 »

The data lead was only used to connect the early Nokia phone cradle, so no, not needed for Bluetooth to work.
I have a CK-7W in mine, connected to the plug behind the glove box. My box and wires just sits on the clip in board under the glovebox.
To make use of the pre-wiring behind the glovebox, I purchased an additional Auto-lead tele-mute wiring adapter. Seem to recall that the part number ended in 106-B, I'll have a dig about for mine and get back to you.  :y
« Last Edit: 28 October 2018, 09:23:14 by YZ250 »
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 28 October 2018, 10:14:47 »

Ah, that solves a little mystery. Thanks. :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 28 October 2018, 10:15:16 »

The data lead was only used to connect the early Nokia phone cradle, so no, not needed for Bluetooth to work.
I have a CK-7W in mine, connected to the plug behind the glove box. My box and wires just sits on the clip in board under the glovebox.
To make use of the pre-wiring behind the glovebox, I purchased an additional Auto-lead tele-mute wiring adapter. Seem to recall that the part number ended in 106-B, I'll have a dig about for mine and get back to you.  :y

Correction to the above. The additional lead that I fitted between the CK-7W and the pre-wiring is Autolead 06-109B Interface Lead.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 28 October 2018, 10:17:44 »

Brilliant, thanks. Will have a look for one on tinterweb.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 28 October 2018, 11:43:49 »

As others have said, the easiest fit is via an adapter which plugs into car loom (above glovebox) and the other end(s) into the various sockets on the CK-7W box.

You need to run the Remote Control to a convenient location - this is used to answer call (if you don't set phone to auto-answer), make a call (if phone supports voice dialling) and set the volume*.  Mine is double sided taped to centre console just in front of gear lever.

*just use it to roughly set volume to right sort of level, then in use, just use normal stereo steering wheel volume controls to adjust volumes as required.

Personally, I would run in and fit the Nokia microphone rather than use the car's built in one, as it works better, and the other end can hear you more clearly.  Mine is mounted up on headlining near the car's built in one.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 28 October 2018, 11:45:51 »

If you CBA to get an adapter, you can splice the wires in to the car loom above the glovebox.  You need to identify 12v, 0v, ign 12v, Audio +, Audio -, and mute  (plus mic + and mic - if using inbuilt mic).

Easy to do, but being an idle bastard, I always try to use an adapter ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 28 October 2018, 11:46:25 »

And no matter how you do it, do not fit the speaker they supplied. You want the audio to go through the stereo.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 28 October 2018, 12:59:49 »

Thanks for all the info. I will install it just as you advise, as you are a fussy, hard to please so and so, and if its ok for you Im sure it will be great for me.   :y ;D
Will buy the adapter listed on ebay and wait for that to arrive before installing.  :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 28 October 2018, 18:12:43 »

As others have said, the easiest fit is via an adapter which plugs into car loom (above glovebox) and the other end(s) into the various sockets on the CK-7W box.

You need to run the Remote Control to a convenient location - this is used to answer call (if you don't set phone to auto-answer), make a call (if phone supports voice dialling) and set the volume*.  Mine is double sided taped to centre console just in front of gear lever.

*just use it to roughly set volume to right sort of level, then in use, just use normal stereo steering wheel volume controls to adjust volumes as required.

Personally, I would run in and fit the Nokia microphone rather than use the car's built in one, as it works better, and the other end can hear you more clearly.  Mine is mounted up on headlining near the car's built in one.

And you TB replied to my post about my Jabra Freeway on page 2:

"Too much fart-arsing around.  I'd forget to take the thing in to charge."

Is not that all too much fart arsing around, when I just turn on and go?! ::) ::) :D :D ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 28 October 2018, 18:23:20 »

Is not that all too much fart arsing around, when I just turn on and go?! ::) ::) :D :D ;)
That in itself is too much farting around.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 04 November 2018, 17:05:40 »

All installed now, just as TB instructed, and works perfectly.  :) Ive now joined the 21st century. Better late than never.  ;D
Took longer than expected as the wiring plug needed was being used for the front parking sensors I installed. Wasn't too happy with them from the start so uninstalled them. Then had an old analogue mic and ariel which were getting in the way, so had to rip them out too. All nice and straightforward after that.
Just got to refit the glovebox tomorrow.
Thanks for all the info and advice.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.