Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Had a call from EDF yesterday  (Read 14546 times)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: Had a call from EDF yesterday
« Reply #45 on: 13 July 2018, 20:48:13 »

Those figures don't make sense, Aaron

As you can see, I use over 5000 KW of gas and over 300KW of electric.

And here's mine:

so your using 14.79 Kwh to 22.79 Kwh per day of electricity   ;)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 13 July 2018, 21:54:52 »

£1K a quarter is ridiculous! I use £180 a month during December, January and February but only used £40 last month.

Christ, do you sit in the dark and live in a cave? ;D I'd love it if my summer-time bills were only £40/mo - they just upped my monthly DD to £210! I think even if I didn't turn anything on I'd use more than £40s worth of leccy & gas..

Very possibly he does . . . ( Que Hovis music  )  It's tough oooppp North

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJi_5T0jSnA
At least us northerners can spell. That's cue, not que.

Just testing. You passed

PS: If I pay your energy bill, will you pay mine ?

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 14 July 2018, 10:06:47 »

I need to switch, but npower completely fikked it all up last time, so although my deal for one has ended, need to wait for the other to end.

Nor have the fikkwits sent me a bill, just quarterly letters that I'm one of the few with billing issues that will be sorted really soon.

Dickweeds.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 14 July 2018, 14:18:11 »

I have a vague memory of some rule that they cant make you pay after a certain time has passed, as long as you haven't been responsible for not paying bills sent to you.
My daughter had a situation where she signed up for dual fuel direct debit but they only took money out of her account for gas. After a couple of years they realised they had cocked up, so sent her a huge bill with a letter threatening legal action, and then a few days later cut off her electricity, without warning.
It was Christmas eve when this happened and she was in bed suffering with a severe asthma attack.
Once recovered she got her very sharp teeth into them, and was informed that legally she didn't have to pay for the electricity they billed her for, but they compensated her for the treatment she received.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 14 July 2018, 15:07:55 »

I'm with Economy Energy as they were the cheapest I could find when I switched last October.  :y

However, what a PITA they are to deal with.  >:(  They started my account with estimated readings, despite the fact that I had given them accurate readings, and this was due to cost me about £90!  >:(  Everytime I complained they told me there was nothing they could do as the account had been set up with those readings and it was withing industry standards.  ::)  Eventually I told them that I would take to Facebook, share my experience and advice everyone not to sign up with them. Magically, they adjusted my account!  :y

Last week I had a phone call allegedly from Economy Energy asking for my meter readings.  I told the person that I would submit them online, which I did, the readings went onto my online account and I had an email confirming this.  This week I had another phone from them asking for meter readings. I told them I had submitted them online.  She said it has not appeared on my account. I said I had a confirmation email. She asked me to phone Customer Services with the readings and I told her I would do so and then I would know for sure that I was speaking to someone from Economy Energy!  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 14 July 2018, 15:28:17 »

I have a vague memory of some rule that they cant make you pay after a certain time has passed, as long as you haven't been responsible for not paying bills sent to you.
My daughter had a situation where she signed up for dual fuel direct debit but they only took money out of her account for gas. After a couple of years they realised they had cocked up, so sent her a huge bill with a letter threatening legal action, and then a few days later cut off her electricity, without warning.
It was Christmas eve when this happened and she was in bed suffering with a severe asthma attack.
Once recovered she got her very sharp teeth into them, and was informed that legally she didn't have to pay for the electricity they billed her for, but they compensated her for the treatment she received.

Quite correct  :y Its 12 months . When I changed to my energy supplier, they failed to collect the DD for over 12 months. They sent me a big bill. After doing some research on the OFGEM website, I found this out. I threatened to submit the case to OFGEM for them to decide, all of a sudden, I got another bill, with the 12+ months taken off   ;)

I was only paying £39/month for my gas and leccy, but last month they put it up to £43/month  :o

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 15 July 2018, 19:45:35 »

Funnily enough there was a article in the Wail on Sunday today which confirms the 12 month limit.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 15 July 2018, 21:48:14 »

Indeed , 3 Kwh is how much electricity it takes to run a 3Kw appliance for 1 hour,(say a 13 amp kettle)
or a 1 Kw appliance for 3 hours

we use about 20 Kwh per day
probably a bit more than average because of the pumps,water treatment running 24/7 for the Koi
Don't leave the kettle on for an hour, it will boil dry. However, modern appliances have a safety device called a thermal cut out, so your kettle will be safe.
No need to thank me  :)
The 13 mp kettle was an example  for people who don't know what a Kwh is  ;)
but a builder's kettle may be re-filled many times in that hour
if it did "boil dry" the price of the job would increase  :y
If the kettle broke , would people ask 🎶 🎵 Dave the builder, can you fix it? 🎶 🎵  ;D
truth be told ,the "people" would go to argos and buy a new one ,give me the old one , "Dave the builder" would fix it or throw it in the scrap metal pile for weighing in  :y

solar panels are coming down in price now but still not economically viable for most people
battery technology / power banks ,has moved on in leaps and bounds ,but still not economically viable for most people

Probably correct, yet the leccy mate who fitted mine in 2010, is as busy as ever fitting them. ??? :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 15 July 2018, 22:09:23 »

Indeed , 3 Kwh is how much electricity it takes to run a 3Kw appliance for 1 hour,(say a 13 amp kettle)
or a 1 Kw appliance for 3 hours

we use about 20 Kwh per day
probably a bit more than average because of the pumps,water treatment running 24/7 for the Koi
Don't leave the kettle on for an hour, it will boil dry. However, modern appliances have a safety device called a thermal cut out, so your kettle will be safe.
No need to thank me  :)
The 13 mp kettle was an example  for people who don't know what a Kwh is  ;)
but a builder's kettle may be re-filled many times in that hour
if it did "boil dry" the price of the job would increase  :y
If the kettle broke , would people ask 🎶 🎵 Dave the builder, can you fix it? 🎶 🎵  ;D
truth be told ,the "people" would go to argos and buy a new one ,give me the old one , "Dave the builder" would fix it or throw it in the scrap metal pile for weighing in  :y

solar panels are coming down in price now but still not economically viable for most people
battery technology / power banks ,has moved on in leaps and bounds ,but still not economically viable for most people

Probably correct, yet the leccy mate who fitted mine in 2010, is as busy as ever fitting them. ??? :y
Is it just me, or is there a developing trend re renewable energy sources...  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 16 July 2018, 01:41:58 »

There does seem to be in interest just recently in "renewable energy sources"
trying to reduce "global warming "
if it was warmer in winter , we would use less electricity  ::)
the amount of energy ,carbon footprint ,to make solar panels and batteries ,transport them thousands of miles ,fit them ,
seems daft ,in a country with coal under our feet
the coal powered power stations had been fitted with catalytic converters , reducing emissions, just before they shut down.
leaving the country dangerously close to full capacity for electrical generation .

next they will be saying we have to get rid of our thirsty v6 petrol powered cars  and drive electric milk floats  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 16 July 2018, 05:00:48 »

There's a plug socket for that idea :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 20 July 2018, 22:21:20 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44903471

It was a stupid idea in the first place, for a whole load of reasons.

I often wonder if politicians are recruited from the most naïve

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 21 July 2018, 10:07:56 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44903471

It was a stupid idea in the first place, for a whole load of reasons.

I often wonder if politicians are recruited from the most naïve

Smart meters for water are a good idea IMO . . . . a possible leak anywhere customer side of the meter on your supply will  be  noticed by your supplier as 24/7 constant useage, and they should investigate or at least advise you something is going on as your bill will be higher than it should be  . . in some cases VERY much higher.

Of course  this won't apply to electricity . . .  ::) ::)

Or gas . . . with a gas leak  you either smell it or your house blows up  ::) ::)

So apart from the possibilty of drowning you, water is by far the friendliest of the utilities  ;) ;)

The problem with water meters is that where as with gas & electricity everyone has always paid by what they use  . . .with water it was pay the annual rate & use as much as you like  . . .now people are being asked /told to have their water metered & pay for what they use . . . most are not happy IMO :(
British made Celestion Alnico Blue = best sounding guitar speaker ever, sadly now made in China

STEMO

« Reply #59 on: 21 July 2018, 10:48:08 »

I was paying £60 a month for my water when it was metered in my last house, 3 beds, 1 bathroom. This house, 4 beds, 2 bathrooms has no meter, £36 a month.
I'm going to resist as long as I can.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.