Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

Front fog-lights on a non-fog-light car

(1/4) > >>

ChrisPee:
Hello people, I guess this has been covered previously but I couldn't see an answer anywhere.
I have a 97 Select estate which has a damaged front bumper, I've just bought a good s/h one with fogs in. The wiring is clipped to the front bumper bar on the car but there is no front fog light switch on the dash - only a blank next to the rear fog switch. If I fit a just fit a switch will they work?  :P

Thanks in advance.

TheBoy:
When you fitted the bumper, was the loom there by the horn to plug the fogs into?

If so, its just the switch :)

Doctor Gollum:
Yup ;)

Also, the fog light switches can be removed from the main switch, and are physically the same regardless of front or rear, so you can swap the rear switch over to the blank switch to test. Which is nice :y

Re the loom, the temperature sensor wiring shares the fog light loom so should be plug and play :y

Andy B:

--- Quote from: TheBoy on 27 October 2019, 19:49:05 ---When you fitted the bumper, was the loom there by the horn to plug the fogs into?

--- End quote ---

Is not a relay too?  :-\

Doctor Gollum:

--- Quote from: Andy B on 27 October 2019, 23:06:14 ---
--- Quote from: TheBoy on 27 October 2019, 19:49:05 ---When you fitted the bumper, was the loom there by the horn to plug the fogs into?

--- End quote ---

Is not a relay too?  :-\

--- End quote ---
Possibly, in which case it's another small black one in the panel under the steering column, but don't remember needing one when I added fogs to my GLS ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version