Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Jag for the next 24 hours.  (Read 3499 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: New Jag for the next 24 hours.
« Reply #30 on: 08 March 2018, 10:23:11 »

Ascot is my closest Jag dealer  :(

They were quite happy to let me take an XF out, when I went there, and then talk to me about LRs and, really, anything I wanted.. surprisingly very friendly.

That said, the XF (old shape estate) handled like a barge, tramlined all over the place, tried to eat the kerb repeatedly as it wandered.. if they all drive like that, I'd rather drive a Soviet era Skoda.

Surprising to hear that, as mentioned before XF-S is my ideal replacement. (Saloon)

Not sure turning up in a 16 year old Vauxhall worth about as much as mars bar and a packet of cheese & onion would blag me test drive on their used examples.  ;D

Take no notice of that Aaron fella. He drives a 'point and squirt' Cobra that has 500 BHP and weighs the same as a bag cheese and onion. ;) :D :D.

Rest assured that all XF are fine handling cars. :y

STEMO

« Reply #31 on: 08 March 2018, 10:59:33 »

They were quite happy to let me take an XF out, when I went there, and then talk to me about LRs and, really, anything I wanted.. surprisingly very friendly.

That said, the XF (old shape estate) handled like a barge, tramlined all over the place, tried to eat the kerb repeatedly as it wandered.. if they all drive like that, I'd rather drive a Soviet era Skoda.

Surprising to hear that, as mentioned before XF-S is my ideal replacement. (Saloon)

Not sure turning up in a 16 year old Vauxhall worth about as much as mars bar and a packet of cheese & onion would blag me test drive on their used examples.  ;D
Mars bar or packet of cheeses and onion, Tunnie.  ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08 March 2018, 11:10:04 »

Mars bar or packet of cheeses and onion, Tunnie.  ;D

Valid point.  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08 March 2018, 18:15:36 »

The XFs I've driven I found to be a nice drivers car, with pretty good feedback and great handling.  No issues with tramlining or wandering or other erratic handling on any I tried, though one had a definite pull left
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.