Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP my omega..  (Read 18518 times)

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
Re: RIP my omega..
« Reply #45 on: 22 January 2012, 16:42:57 »

I have no knowledge, advice or opinions to offer in relation to the actual problem and the ongoing tests and remedies, but I find the whole thing extremely interesting. I think this is probably as much to do with the involvement of other members as well as the actual mechanics, but it's still a good read, and you always look forward to the updates.  :y
Just my opinion  ;)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 22 January 2012, 16:46:55 »

Another small update.
Yesterday I flushed the matrix and removed the oil cooler.It was obvious that it was brand new,so while that blows my slightly paranoid theory about a used, leaking cooler,it was a relief to see that it was new.I then did lots of flushing of the area where the cooler and stat came from - loads of oil floating around in there. Cleaned up the mating surfaces (mostly removing blue sealant).
Glad I removed the cooler now,as it not only gives peace of mind,it also revealed the proper black sealant wasnt used,so I can do the job properly when I put it all back together.
Brought the old and new coolers to work this morning. Mechanic who did the job said that the old cooler had been tested and found to be free from leaks. I tested it half an hour ago with an airline and it was blowing bubbles like some one farting in the bath. ::)
Tested the new cooler as well (thought I might as well) and it was fine.Got to get dowty washers etc. and then start putting it all back together.Working most of the next seven days,so progress will probably be slow this week.

P.S. Am I correct in thinking that VX will only supply V6 stat complete with housing ?
Why not pick one up from a factors ???
I wasnt sure if I could rob tbh. Ive got somehwat confused by the whole stat issue,whether or not I can get one without a housing for a reasonable price. My nearest factors is Eurocraparts and I have just had a look at their website.Their one without housing is almost as expensive than the ebay one with housing, so I might just go for the ebay one. :y
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-OMEGA-B-2-0-2-2-2-5-V6-2-6-V6-THERMOSTAT-/270650500284?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0406e4bc
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

albitz

« Reply #47 on: 22 January 2012, 17:10:41 »

Cheers Rob. Ive ordered the one from Petes link for the CDX,but need to change the one in my own car when I get a chance,so will try one of those. :y

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 22 January 2012, 17:12:03 »

Cheers Rob. Ive ordered the one from Petes link for the CDX,but need to change the one in my own car when I get a chance,so will try one of those. :y
Told you they`re all the same in the petrol engines :D

albitz

« Reply #49 on: 22 January 2012, 17:12:40 »

I have no knowledge, advice or opinions to offer in relation to the actual problem and the ongoing tests and remedies, but I find the whole thing extremely interesting. I think this is probably as much to do with the involvement of other members as well as the actual mechanics, but it's still a good read, and you always look forward to the updates.  :y
Just my opinion  ;)

Cheers Jonny.I was hoping someone would have that kind of interest.I can remember following similar threads when I joined and they gave me the confidence to have a go at jobs such as this one. :y

albitz

« Reply #50 on: 22 January 2012, 17:13:31 »

I thought you said the v6 might be different from the 4 pot ?  :-\

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 22 January 2012, 17:18:47 »

I thought you said the v6 might be different from the 4 pot ?  :-\
rather Albsheimers is getting worse innit ;D

albitz

« Reply #52 on: 22 January 2012, 17:22:26 »

Who the break are you. :-\

:D ;D

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 22 January 2012, 17:39:43 »

rather Albsheimers is getting worse innit ;D

;D ;D :D

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 22 January 2012, 20:39:12 »

I think the Forum needs this sort of thread too.

I am gonna move it to Car Chat now though. :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 22 January 2012, 20:55:08 »

what was the problem..  ;D

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 22 January 2012, 21:14:45 »

Albs .. if you do change the housing as well as the stat check the bolt lengths ... when DLK did mine he had to find shorter bolts, seems the flange on the newer housing is thinner than the old and the bolt holes are "blind", so the old bolts won't tighten down.. and if you keep trying you risk damaging something pretty seriously !!!

HTH :)

mrgrumpy88

• Lowestoft
    • Omega 2.5 TD
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 22 January 2012, 21:21:26 »

This is very intresting keep us all up to date with how your doing. this sounds like one of the jobs i love when you get started you just keep going no matter what till its fixed and sounds like your on the right track with this one  :y :) :y

albitz

« Reply #58 on: 22 January 2012, 22:27:08 »

Daz - good idea,it has changed from a help topic to a carchat type topic. Tbh I thought earlier today it may now be better in car chat. :y

Nige, thanks for that,will bear it in mind when I fit the new stat.I have hundreds of bolts etc here,so should be able to find a couple to cut down etc. if need be. :y

Mr Grumpy - cheers for that.It is enjoyable working through it step by step and solving issues as they appear.Shame its winter and work is getting in the way as I have to keep leaving it due to weather or having to go to work.Im fairly satisfied now that things are heading in the right direction.The only thing I want to do apart from cleaning everything and putting it all abck together,is a compression test. Purely because the mechanic said  it had lost compression on one bank. He also said the old oil cooler doesnt leak,but I proved to myself today that it does. :y
« Last Edit: 22 January 2012, 22:32:35 by Albs »

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 22 January 2012, 22:31:16 »

A very interesting read Albs!  There is one bonus I can see to you documenting your work like this...

At least you will be able to refer back to this when you forget what you have or haven't done!!  ;D :P
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.