Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A phone number to block or have fun with ...........  (Read 982 times)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
A phone number to block or have fun with ...........
« on: 22 February 2018, 16:12:01 »

It really is your choice  ;D

020 3344 2121

Its Microsoft apparently, kindly telling me how my computer had been hacked and how if I press the windows and R key at the same time then type some text into the box, it will save the world from certain destruction    ::) ;D
Well I must be a shite listener because I kept typing it wrong and after 23 minutes he called me a "see you next tuesday" and cut me off   ::)
Must admit, I was nearly pissing myself with laughter for the last 5 minutes of the call  ;D

I don't think he was impressed  :D :D

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: A phone number to block or have fun with ...........
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2018, 17:15:02 »

My record for one of "those" calls is just over an hour .... yup I was bored and it was a great chance to "play" ...  :)

1. Agree with the caller that the computer has problems, is exceedingly slow to boot up, and I know nothing about computers, my boy usually looks afetr it but he is away on holiday ....

2. Agree to allow him to help, ah .. computer needs to be on .. "it takes ages to boot" ... "no problem I'll wait" ....  fetch laptop and boot ... to LINUX stand alone disc  :)

3. Once booted, when told to go to start menu ... "I can't find it" ... and just play it REALLY stupid from there .... ( I know ..easy for me to do ...  :) )

4. When told to allow remote access  via control panel " I can't find it as there is no start menu" ....  play dumb ...

5. After a while get the "I'll have to escalate this" .. give the next level the same run-around, just play dumb and "it's not there.... "

6. After an hour and needing a pee  when next told to click on Start (for the umpteenth time)  ... say " I don't have a start at the bottom left .. just a little picture of a duck......"

7. After a stunned silence .... "a duck ....   you C***"   they ring off, and they don't ring again for many months ...

:)  :)  :)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2018, 17:18:03 »

It takes them a surprisingly long time to realise that you're sitting in front of a Linux machine. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2018, 21:25:23 »

Got a similar call last week was instructed to follow his advice which I said I would do but he had to be patient with me because I am not very good with computers he asked me to do several things when I logged on I acted totally thick to his frustration,anyway got bored and said to him do you honestly think that I am going to do what you tell me so as you can hack my computer at which point he became very abusive and said are you f*cking stupid (which really upset me NOT!!!) to which I replied no you are the stupid one for thinking I would fall for your scam funnily enough he put the phone down on me :-\
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 February 2018, 11:38:09 »

My record for one of "those" calls is just over an hour .... yup I was bored and it was a great chance to "play" ...  :)

1. Agree with the caller that the computer has problems, is exceedingly slow to boot up, and I know nothing about computers, my boy usually looks afetr it but he is away on holiday ....

2. Agree to allow him to help, ah .. computer needs to be on .. "it takes ages to boot" ... "no problem I'll wait" ....  fetch laptop and boot ... to LINUX stand alone disc  :)

3. Once booted, when told to go to start menu ... "I can't find it" ... and just play it REALLY stupid from there .... ( I know ..easy for me to do ...  :) )

4. When told to allow remote access  via control panel " I can't find it as there is no start menu" ....  play dumb ...

5. After a while get the "I'll have to escalate this" .. give the next level the same run-around, just play dumb and "it's not there.... "

6. After an hour and needing a pee  when next told to click on Start (for the umpteenth time)  ... say " I don't have a start at the bottom left .. just a little picture of a duck......"

7. After a stunned silence .... "a duck ....   you C***"   they ring off, and they don't ring again for many months ...

:)  :)  :)

Just over a hour  ::)

Nige, your a awful man  ;D ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.