Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Screen wash - good deal ........  (Read 1454 times)

MR MISTER

Re: Screen wash - good deal ........
« Reply #15 on: 02 November 2013, 19:14:46 »

Used to be called German and Swedish. Serving manufacturers from those country's.

Maybe the deal is brach specific?

German, French & Swedish  :y

Ok, not worth arguing about - but I've defo seen German, Swedish & French spelt out over a Motor Factors - just assumed it was GSF. Hey ho, in the scheme of things it doesn't really matter much .........
Nope, I was right the first time. ;)
'Tis worth arguing about. Gixer knows nowt.

Go on then, "Expert" ;D
OK, tit, go to theit site and click the 'about us' tab. I think you will find that Rob is perfectly correct. Well done Rob. :y

MR MISTER

« Reply #16 on: 02 November 2013, 19:15:24 »

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #17 on: 02 November 2013, 19:15:42 »

Used to be called German and Swedish. Serving manufacturers from those country's.

Maybe the deal is brach specific?

German, French & Swedish  :y

Ok, not worth arguing about - but I've defo seen German, Swedish & French spelt out over a Motor Factors - just assumed it was GSF. Hey ho, in the scheme of things it doesn't really matter much .........
Nope, I was right the first time. ;)

You need to remember my opinion of French cars. Its German! ...and Swedish! And that's an end to it! ;)

;D

Gotcha! I sort of agree with you having had numerous bad experiences with Renault + Citroen. Daughter has recently got a C1 which has Toyota stamped on most of the components  ???

Some years ago my boss needed a people mover due to expanding family. One of my neighbours worked for Renault so introduced them. A deal was done on a fully loaded Grand Espace -  everyone happy. Fast forward to end of warranty - and guess what - things started going wrong big time, each visit to fix something cost many hundreds and there were lots of visits. I was glad he wasn't my boss any more is all I can say .......... To be fair, the Citroen experience was all due to incompetent dealerships and the car (a 2009 C5) was actually quite good. I only managed to get satisfaction by writing to the MD of Citroen UK. 

chrisgixer

« Reply #18 on: 02 November 2013, 19:26:21 »

Me Dad had a Citroen Xm. Complete disaster. All the usual electrical faults with those, and quite a few mechanical ones.

Local garage owner I know and used help out a bit where I could. Nout but agro working on French cars. Shitroen, ReNo, Poogo. Utter shite, if it wasn't busted it was impossible to service. No drain plugs, no access, poor diags, and little back up of any use. Dealers befuddled more than the independents, and usually took longer on time.

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #19 on: 02 November 2013, 19:32:26 »

When the C5 went in for it's 60,000 service I was advised that there was a software update available for the Bluetooth - would I like to have it loaded? I agreed and picked the car up at the agreed time ....... The Bluetooth worked ok after I'd repaired my phone - but the satnav didn't work any more!

It seems that (like BMW) Citoen dont trust dealership technicians with software so any ugrades etc are done "on line" with the car connected to the UK tech support people. Got sorted eventually but took weeks ..........

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03 November 2013, 10:22:50 »

Never trust French electrics. Thats why Dad's 2 Citroens lasted well - they had none ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03 November 2013, 10:24:59 »

Never trust French electrics. Thats why Dad's 2 Citroens lasted well - they had none ;D
Actually, I remember the DS suffered a starter motor failure, but never fear, it had a starting handle in the toolkit.

Only trouble is, without the engine running, the suspension dropped. I still remember Dad's curse with every revolution as his knuckles belted the tarmac, and by the time it started, there was blood everywhere. Well thought out, NOT!
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03 November 2013, 10:29:05 »

Actually, I remember the DS suffered a starter motor failure, but never fear, it had a starting handle in the toolkit.

Only trouble is, without the engine running, the suspension dropped. I still remember Dad's curse with every revolution as his knuckles belted the tarmac, and by the time it started, there was blood everywhere. Well thought out, NOT!

You can't say that about such an iconic motor car. Shame on you. ;) ;)

My old dad owned three of these beauties. :y :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03 November 2013, 10:33:32 »

I'll have to see with I can dig out any pics of Dads (and Mum's Fiat 850 Sport Coupe) - should be plenty as when we left Cyprus, we toured Europe for serveral weeks on the way back to the UK. Shame I was too young to really remember it.
Grumpy old man

omega3000

« Reply #24 on: 03 November 2013, 12:35:24 »

+638 million  >:( >:( >:( ;D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 22 queries.