Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: y26se starter removal  (Read 1235 times)

COONY

• MANCHESTER
    • OMEGA 2.6 CDx PETROL
    • View Profile
y26se starter removal
« on: 11 February 2019, 14:20:07 »

hi everyone.anyone had a different engine mount next to starter? this is a 2.6cdx with a different engine mount from the one in the pics of y26se starter removal doesnt have four bolts but only one under the mount.also doesnt seem that you can remove it?looks like part of body!thanks in advance.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
Re: y26se starter removal
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2019, 22:36:06 »

I know this topic is a few months old, but I have just replaced my starter motor on the 3.2 - it's a bit of a fiddly job; the hardest part I found was undoing the top starter bolt as you are working blind with a shortish extension and not much room for leverage.
I think you may have been mistaken regarding the engine mounting itself confusing it with the alloy mounting bracket - there is a single nut on the top where the engine mounting bolts to the body of the car, and single nut on the bottom of the engine mounting which bolts to the alloy bracket, which in turn has four bolts to secure it to the block.
That is probably where your confusion lies regarding the actual engine mounting and the alloy bracket on the block.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.