Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rob Delaney  (Read 999 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Rob Delaney
« on: 21 September 2018, 21:53:44 »

For the old farts on here that listen to Radio 2 while Jeremy Vine is on, there was a bit where Rob Deleney read (a cleaned up version of) part of an essay he wrote while his son, Henry was ill. I'd just taken a car round the block to warm it up before an oil change. I finished listening to it on my drive as I had to finishing listen to it all .... I admit I was close to tears (my grand daughter is now the same age as his son was)

His son died.  :( :(

https://medium.com/@robdelaney_50150/note-i-wrote-all-of-this-except-the-last-paragraph-in-april-or-may-of-2017-6b8f5e702533

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Rob Delaney
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2018, 21:55:54 »

I listened to that as well.  A very sad tale.  :'(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2018, 01:05:02 »

If you've had the sad death of a baby or young child, the daily thoughts & the totally unfair statistical sh*tter of fate, never leaves you. :'(

FME it is always a raw sore for the long life like me, they never have had and they never will. RIP Symon you lost the race of the clock of time in this world but you will never be forgotten. :'(

He would of been 10 on the 28th of November this year. :'(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

2boxerdogs

« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2018, 10:53:41 »

Back in 1982 our Daughter was born , I was in the London Ambulance Service at the time one evening we got a shout to a house virtually around the corner from where we lived a mum had discovered her baby lifeless in its cot , I worked so hard trying to resuscitate this tiny child who was the same age as our baby it was all in vain , the mother's screams stayed in my mind for months & I kept checking our daughter like a man possessed.There was no counselling back then like now I really could have used some help back then .To lose a child of any age in my eyes is a pain that must be unbearable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.