Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 18596 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit
« Reply #150 on: 21 March 2019, 20:16:18 »

BTW, one of the authors of article 50 has said it cannot be revoked without another referendum or a general election. So the signatories to this petition have wasted their ink. You can't just change what the people voted for without the people asking you to change it......apparently.

The ECJ, the highest court in the land has found otherwise.  ;)

Actually, I think that revoking A50 will require legislation to repeal the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018, but if we get to that stage they won't be struggling to find MPs willing to vote for it!  ::)
« Last Edit: 21 March 2019, 20:22:29 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #151 on: 21 March 2019, 20:17:38 »

BTW, one of the authors of article 50 has said it cannot be revoked without another referendum or a general election. So the signatories to this petition have wasted their ink. You can't just change what the people voted for without the people asking you to change it......apparently.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-47661277/article-50-author-responds-to-petition

STEMO

« Reply #152 on: 21 March 2019, 20:18:40 »

You know , I can see a no deal becoming a reality here and then I'd bet that it would be MADE to be a disaster from within UK just so the media , sanctamonious politicians et all could have the smug satisfaction of saying " there , we told you so .."

Will it ever be normal again  :-\
I was never normal, so I'll be ok.  :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 21 March 2019, 20:29:40 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-47661277/article-50-author-responds-to-petition

Thanks for that Uncle STEMO!  :y

I'll post that on Devon For Europe's facebook page, where they are getting orgasmic about the petition!  ;D

They might brand me a troll and ban me though as they don't like dissenting views...  ::)  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #154 on: 21 March 2019, 20:30:54 »

I'll post that on Devon For Europe's facebook page, where they are getting orgasmic about the petition!  ;D

They might brand me a troll and ban me though as they don't like dissenting views...  ::)  ;D
Surely things like that can't happen in a democracy such as ours?

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 21 March 2019, 20:37:25 »

I don't think facebook is a democracy.....  :-\

It is strange though, these people putting up these sites on facebook to promote their political views, but then they immediately ban people who come along with an opposing opinion.  ::)

STEMO

« Reply #156 on: 21 March 2019, 20:39:41 »

It is strange though, these people putting up these sites on facebook to promote their political views, but then they immediately ban people who come along with an opposing opinion.  ::)
That's one thing I'll never have to worry about. I don't know how to work an arsebook.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 21 March 2019, 20:52:59 »

That's one thing I'll never have to worry about. I don't know how to work an arsebook.
Ditto, neither do i want to. :)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 21 March 2019, 21:02:54 »

You know , I can see a no deal becoming a reality here and then I'd bet that it would be MADE to be a disaster from within UK just so the media , sanctamonious politicians et all could have the smug satisfaction of saying " there , we told you so .."

In a word NO. There have been too many bridges burnt now for anything that happens to be classed as normal.

I saw the bit about the military in the event of a no deal. A casual observer might assume it would be to drive urgent medical supplies off one of Grayling's ferries whilst a million lorries are held up on one or both sides of the channel by politician's ideology. Think a bit deeper and it will be to help our overwhelmed police force (anyone actually seen a policeman in the last twelve months?) with civil disorder. That could be anything from looting toilet roll shops, angry mob outside parliament, these idiots issuing death threats to MPs or worse. We are in the social media era now. (Except STEMO and ronnyd of course) 

The whole issue of Brexit has been handled badly from day one.

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 21 March 2019, 21:04:48 »

That's one thing I'll never have to worry about. I don't know how to work an arse.

We've heard....   :D

STEMO

« Reply #160 on: 21 March 2019, 21:15:32 »

That's one thing I'll never have to worry about. I don't know how to work an arse.

We've heard....   :D
Look..if you're not gonna be serious then kindly refrain.  ;D

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 21 March 2019, 21:26:53 »

having not read all the comments posted. but having heard Nigel Farage saying that he would have sent negotiators to companies hoping i guess to put pressure on their respective governments to point out how the uk ,s brexit plans would also cause problems to their trade. i dont think spanish veg & fruit growers will want all their produce rotting in trucks. firms like Varta sell millions of euros in the uk of their products. real negotiators could have maybe done things different to May.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 21 March 2019, 21:30:22 »

Yup. On March 30th ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 21 March 2019, 21:43:12 »

Yup. On March 30th ;)

You're indefatigable DG.... :y
Good man , my spirits back.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 21 March 2019, 21:45:29 »

having not read all the comments posted. but having heard Nigel Farage saying that he would have sent negotiators to companies hoping i guess to put pressure on their respective governments to point out how the uk ,s brexit plans would also cause problems to their trade. i dont think spanish veg & fruit growers will want all their produce rotting in trucks. firms like Varta sell millions of euros in the uk of their products. real negotiators could have maybe done things different to May.
Nobody in the EU cares about Spanish farmers and the like ;)

As I've been saying for nearly 3 years, we were always in a bad place to negotiate, and the EU were never going to give us what was promised by the Leave lot during the referendum.  So, again as I've repeatedly said, the deal negotiated probably was about the best available, no matter who was sent to negotiate it.  Anyone thinking otherwise probably spent too much time reading the (old) Daily Fail.

Now I really don't like or rate our PM, but blaming her for the contents of the deal is a bit daft really.

The whole thing was all very predictable, but now completely ballsed up even further by our elected MPs. That is where 100% of our anger should be pointed.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.