Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: So who are we all - Meet and Greet  (Read 25032 times)

STMO123

Re: So who are we all - Meet and Greet
« Reply #105 on: 20 July 2006, 19:48:05 »

Hi Phil. I, too, work at a school and drive a 2.5 CDX And I.m from your part of the world but there,I'm glad to say, the similarity ends!! I get about 28mpg out of mine. ;)

philayl

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral, Merseyide
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 20 July 2006, 20:27:35 »

Hi Steve, I don't know how you manage to get 28mpg, if I turned the engine off going downhill and got towed part of the way to work, I don't think that I get that figure. And I don't have a heavy right foot.

STMO123

« Reply #107 on: 20 July 2006, 21:27:03 »

Do about half and half motorway/urban so perhaps that explains it. On a run to Liverpool a couple of weeks ago I got 31 but I must admit I was really trying to be frugal and I couldn't drive like that all of the time.
( I have heard by the way that Macburger drives like an old granny all of the time and on a long run has managed 87mpg) ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 20 July 2006, 21:29:24 »

( I have heard by the way that Macburger drives like an old granny all of the time and on a long run has managed 87mpg) ;D
Thats because his Pug won't go above 40mph...    ;D
Grumpy old man

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #109 on: 20 July 2006, 22:24:44 »

Now. Let me just say that the peugeot in all its glory has, unlike every Omega I have had, not gone wrong, broken, had any leaks or any problems whatsoever yet. It also is nice to drive, is great on MPG, the air con is ice cold and it has a top speed in excess of 52mph (apparently). So stop taking the piss! >:(

If you don't behave I will go back to you-know-where. Oh, no I can't -  they've banned two of my 7 user names!!!!! ;D

Now, does any of you 'orrible lot want my TD CHEAP!!!!! £1500 and it is sold. Be quick.

STMO123

« Reply #110 on: 21 July 2006, 12:24:07 »

If you sell all of your omegas Fin...then you wont be an omega owner...and this forum is for omega owners...so.. :P

philayl

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral, Merseyide
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 21 July 2006, 19:12:16 »

Thats because his Pug won't go above 40mph...    ;D
Now then you lot, leave Finlay alone, this is no way to treat a granny!!!!

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 22 July 2006, 23:34:07 »

Looks like I might be the oldest member of the site :-[, married to my lovely wife Margaret, 2 children, 6 grandchildren.

Started messing with cars (my dad's) back in the 50's.

He owned a beautiful 1939 Vaxhall 10, 4 door saloon, sunroof, ohv engine, hydraulic brakes, independant front suspension.

He gave it to me when I passed my test (1st time) at 17.

Only just got back into D.I.Y. (thanks to you guys) after 30 odd years, and enjoying it again.

For those who don't know (don't take the piss) I'm Barry (from Birmingham) ;D
I like red cars

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 23 July 2006, 00:18:01 »

I'm Dan - from Medway in Kent - 33 years old, currently working as a telecomms engineer. Previously worked in computers (retail sales then 2nd line tech support). Took over running their phone system as I fancied a change, ended up working for the company who made the phone system as a field engineer for 6 years, now working as as on-site engineer but as a customer once again!

Before that I'd worked part time in an electronics shop and did 2 years of a degree in electrical and electronic engineering - but dropped out of that as the maths was too much for me (calculus  :() and I wasn't finding it interesting, probably because of that! I still find some stuff that I learnt on the degree course useful though.

Always had company cars in my previous jobs, so never really did much work on them mechanically. I then had a nissan micra (beggars can't be choosers ...) and bought a 2.5V6 pre-facelift elite in December 2005. I'd always liked the look of omegas, and since an accident which gave me a prolapsed disc a few years ago I've had to pay more attention to seating position etc.. I had a post-facelift omega as a hire car at one point and remember it was pretty much the only car that I felt comfortable in almost immediately. I started fixing some things on the 2.5 myself, but only really due to the backup and how-2's provided by the members on here (albeit initially on the "other" forum). Upgraded to a 3.0V6 post-facelift elite a couple of months ago, which had a few teething problems but pretty much all sorted now (including cam belt, tensioners and water pump). I still like the sound of the V6 engines, much nicer than the sound of 4-pot's that I'd driven up to that point. Running costs are higher, but hey ... no pain, no gain!

I enjoy getting my hands dirty on cars, have always been a "hands-on" type person and cars is something different to computers and phones. I've learnt a lot about omegas in 7 months (and bought a few tools ...). Despite the "issues" with Omega's it didn't put me off buying a second one - a good bunch of folks on here who respond suprisingly quickly at times - I'd not have attempted some of the jobs I have done without the reassurance of the backup provided herein!
« Last Edit: 23 July 2006, 00:24:40 by sounds2k »

Big Rod

• Fife, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 23 July 2006, 04:04:03 »

Who  do you work for Dan?

I'm with Siemens Communications.
If I have to explain you won't understand!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 23 July 2006, 09:05:33 »

I used to work for Titish Brelecom...
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 23 July 2006, 09:40:55 »

Who  do you work for Dan?

I'm with Siemens Communications.

Ahhhh....the competition.....arnt you up for sale?

Sadly, I enjoyed the Maths on my Electronics Degree!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 23 July 2006, 09:42:00 »

Sadly, I enjoyed the Maths on my Electronics Degree!
Swat!  ;D
Grumpy old man

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 23 July 2006, 10:54:10 »

I'm too much of hands-on type person, the programming on the degree did my head in too - had to do pascal and 'C' ... frustrating when something doesn't work because you've got a semi-colon in the wrong place (or missed one out).

I worked for Mitel, the company I'm at now uses their systems (hence why I'm there!)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 23 July 2006, 11:05:17 »

I worked for Mitel
Weren't they the people who made systems such as SX2000 (had a few of them on my patch)
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.