Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: So who are we all - Meet and Greet  (Read 25131 times)

dRjENSEN

• Nysted, Denmark
    • View Profile
Re: So who are we all - Meet and Greet
« Reply #75 on: 14 July 2006, 15:42:48 »

Hola dudes..

My name is Kim (yes I'm a dude! just so you'll know, in ancient nordic language kim means chief) and I'm 32 years old, wifes name is Anja and our three kids Daniel 9, Frederikke 8 and Victoria 3.. I'm new to the vauxhall/opel scene and really has had no other relationship to it other than I've allways thought of the opel GT (the old one u know) as one of the coolest cars ever produced.

Well as thing is, I bought a lovely omega 2.0i 16v for myself (err ok.. and the wife) on christmas eve last year and I really like the shape and feeling of the car.. A real mans car u know (unlike peugeots and such.. pfff)

This is actually the newest car I've ever owned and I'm a wee bit worried about all the electronics and sensors (I've allready replaced the camshaft sensor) but I'm up for the challenge (otherwise you'll hear me cry in the Omega General Help department ;-) ) The reason why I've never owned a newer car is that I like it simple (I'm heavily into aircooled volkswagens) and because in Denmark cars are severely taxed (the pricetag on my car when new was a shade over 35000£ and the MV6 was in the region of 46500£).

Anyways, I'm glad I'd found this site and I'm sure it'll provide me and lots others with all the information needed to keep our beloved cars on the road (without beeing skinned at the local Vx/opel garage)

Regards, dRjENSEN..
Opel Omega 2.0i 16v (12/1997)

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 14 July 2006, 15:53:00 »

the pricetag on my car when new was a shade over 35000£ and the MV6 was in the region of 46500£

Phew....remind me never to buy a car in Denmark :o

Hello and welcome Kim, nice to see a member from shores afar :)
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 14 July 2006, 15:53:18 »

Welcome Kim.
Your 2.0l is a nice easy car to maintain - there is plenty of room under the bonnet to get at things, unlike v6 models which can be a little tight at times. If you have any queries, just fire away :)
Grumpy old man

Dai Fish

• Rhondda Valleys, South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 14 July 2006, 18:47:04 »

Hello to you all, My name is David I am 46 and live in South Wales, I have been retired due to ill health for a long time, I have a 2.5 V6 CD estate which is a year 2000 model and my wife of 21 years has a P reg Frontera 2.2 16V LWB, as a family we have 2 dogs and 2 horses

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 14 July 2006, 20:36:04 »

Hello
I'm Jonny, 38 and am in sunny N Ireland! Well its sunny at the minute. I'm married with three kids, and drive a mini facelift V6 Reflection.
To be honest, know nothing about what happens under the hood, or beyond the petrol filler cap, but with the help and knowledge of others here I am starting to get my hands dirty, and looking after my motor (at last).
Glad to be part of this new forum, which is definately going to be big.
Thanks to everyone involved in it's creation and to all those willing to take part.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 14 July 2006, 20:44:24 »

Welcome Jonny :)

Please you are keen to get you hands dirty on the 'Meega - with help from members here, you can do most tasks... :)
Grumpy old man

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 14 July 2006, 20:47:03 »

I'm not sure the car is happy about it though! We'll see how it goes!
Thanks for the welcome.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 14 July 2006, 21:14:45 »

Start with some nice easy jobs - oil, coolant, brake fluid etc, then worry about cambelts, wishbones etc ;)
Grumpy old man

peterjohn36

• Fareham
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 14 July 2006, 21:27:25 »

Hi to all, I am Pete, drive a 2002 cdx estate 2.2, have owned the car for nearly a year, really pleased with it. I was on the other site, known as peterjohn34 but have changed to peterjohn36 as the reg: with hotmail was causing a problem. I live in Fareham Hampshire. look forward to see this site build into a leading site for Omegas. Keep all the good work up.

Pete

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 14 July 2006, 21:28:54 »

Welcome Pete :)

Sorry for the registration problem - we are working hard to resolve the problem...
Grumpy old man

sparkybun

• East Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 14 July 2006, 21:49:17 »

Hi,

I'm Mel 44 with a 3 1/2 year old and a 13 week old (both boys) - yes I know started late.  Married to Deb, 41, a Nurse, having a very time consuming time Breast Feeding at the moment (haven't been asked myself yet??!!).

Not sure If I fully qualify since I sold my 97 'R' Elite Estate 2.5td to my mate but will continue here on his behalf.  Would have kept it but for the 30-35 mpg!!  My greatest passion is AV and Gadgets (www.avforums.com) notice 'martin imber' over there!!  Run my own Control Systems Company with a couple of mates, small, never be millionaires but ok!!  Into Computers, software etc..  Originally from South Wales but now living just North of Enfield.  Would Really like to own an Omega again if they made a 2.5td Elite that did 55mpg but the miles I do means it was costing a fortune!!

Well that's it for now.

bye

Mel

P.S. I think personally that this Omega Dedicated Forum is just the Ticket!!
« Last Edit: 14 July 2006, 21:50:22 by sparkybun »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 14 July 2006, 21:51:35 »

Welcome Mel :D
Grumpy old man

sparkybun

• East Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 14 July 2006, 21:53:37 »

Cheers and still looking for that 2.5td that does 55mpg.......................... ;D ;D ;D

dudester32

• dundee
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 14 July 2006, 22:10:28 »

Hi all,

my name is Daks ( yep thats my real name, long story, thanks Dad, lol ) i am 32 and have now been married  10 years to my lovely wife  :), we have no children and as such enjoy going out on the weekends, drunkerds really, lol.

I normally work as a brickies labourer or sparkies, depending on the job at hand, i also help people fix thier computers as a small sideline, nothing major, just helping people that know less than me, which is  not much  ;)

i use to be hard into computer games such as counter strike, and have had my own servers websites etc... this is not really important but in all the time i have had servers, ventrillo channels and webbys etc.. i have never disclosed the information i am disclosing above, which to many is not much, but for me is a lot,  this i believe is for the fact that i have lurked and posted occasionally on von, and have found the majority of people especially those that have came from the last site and those here now to be a very decent bunch of people.

I am pleased you guys, Ronnie, Laidback, the boy and marks Dtm have decided to create your own website, sorry if i have forgot anyone. And help the many people who know very little and those who know a lot with your wealth of knowledge, i for one appreciate it as im sure many others do, thanks  :)

Right off to the pub, take care all  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 14 July 2006, 22:17:25 »

Pleased you're here Daks :D

Defo an unusual name.  I blame my mum and the whisky bottle for the spelling of my name - Jaime.  You can imagine my first day at school, and me arguing with the teacher that it is spelt Jaime and not Jamie  ;D
« Last Edit: 14 July 2006, 22:17:36 by TheBoy »
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 17 queries.