Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 1748   Go Down

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2979647 times)

BlueBridge

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral
    • 3.0 Elite Saloon
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #135 on: 08 May 2011, 09:04:34 »

Mines getting a good clean today in readiness for Elite Pete coming round tomorrow :D
Jon

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 08 May 2011, 10:29:00 »

Failed rear blind removed from another car, tested in the garage with a spare battery, found to work with power applied to motor and operate fine. Presumed failed relay box to motor. TB had one spare so took the lot up to his where we proceeded to diagnose.... A sticking motor.  :-[

I hate intermittent faults, so thanks to TB for sticking with what was hoped to be a 20 minute job that turned into a 4 hour job to swap the motor, which meant the spring loaded gear slipped round which meant taking the little gearbox apart, re locating the spring, re fitting, to find the gear was 360 degrees out and not sprung loaded, remove it again, swap the spring for a non bent one re fit, re adjust gear to line up, re fit again and bingo, perfectly working rear blind , and that's the short story, and then we had to fit it to the car.

Still working beautifully, was playing with it on the way home, even at night in p!ssing rain.

Actually that really was an unpleasant drive home, aquaplaning at 70 on the m40 in shite visibility. It was belting down.
I suspect I was fast asleep long before you got to the M40 ;D
Grumpy old man

Psychoca

• Norfolk
    • Beaten up Mondeo TDCI ST.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 08 May 2011, 13:07:24 »

In the process of fitting new rear brake pads...  Just sorted one side, which incuded the unsiezing of a piston (so thankful I read Tunnie's post where someone mentioned the easy way of freeing up a piston)...  About to attack the other side now...

Oh and after havng 2 new tyres on the rear yesterday having to undo the over tight wheel studs Thank F*** for my breaker bar...

albitz

« Reply #138 on: 08 May 2011, 14:12:54 »

Failed rear blind removed from another car, tested in the garage with a spare battery, found to work with power applied to motor and operate fine. Presumed failed relay box to motor. TB had one spare so took the lot up to his where we proceeded to diagnose.... A sticking motor.  :-[

I hate intermittent faults, so thanks to TB for sticking with what was hoped to be a 20 minute job that turned into a 4 hour job to swap the motor, which meant the spring loaded gear slipped round which meant taking the little gearbox apart, re locating the spring, re fitting, to find the gear was 360 degrees out and not sprung loaded, remove it again, swap the spring for a non bent one re fit, re adjust gear to line up, re fit again and bingo, perfectly working rear blind , and that's the short story, and then we had to fit it to the car.

Still working beautifully, was playing with it on the way home, even at night in p!ssing rain.

Actually that really was an unpleasant drive home, aquaplaning at 70 on the m40 in shite visibility. It was belting down.

You really need to get some decent tyres and sort your suspension properly. :y :P ;D ;D

feeutfo

« Reply #139 on: 08 May 2011, 14:30:02 »

You really need to get some decent tyres and sort your suspension properly. :y :P ;D ;D
A boat might have been better...

05omegav6

« Reply #140 on: 08 May 2011, 14:33:18 »

Put two new tyres on it, washed some seagull poo off it, (wtf is all that about? I live 30 miles from the sea >:(). Started contemplating a fast approaching to-do list. Discs and pads, brake fluid, front hubs, poly bushing, new expansion tank.... :'(

Also changed both the purple fuel relays for shiny new ones as they were properly scorched.
Had vainly hoped that these would make it idle properly.  ::)

Think I'm getting more and more naive as each day passes.  :-/

Psychoca

• Norfolk
    • Beaten up Mondeo TDCI ST.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 08 May 2011, 14:52:34 »

Other side of rear brakes now changed and another piston unsiezed...  More over tightened wheel studs and now also a cut knuckle!!! (was doing so well)...

Brakes tested and all seems good...  Just the manual fuel pump bulb to put in between the filter and FIP now... Just a 2 minute job...   Not a bod day really...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 08 May 2011, 18:43:16 »

Broke TBE. Need bits before it will move now.
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 08 May 2011, 19:05:02 »

What have you done to it now? And you were just starting to bond with it! ::) ::) ;D ;D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 08 May 2011, 19:12:41 »

What have you done to it now? And you were just starting to bond with it! ::) ::) ;D ;D
I say, steady on old chap, lets not get carried away ;D
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 08 May 2011, 19:20:21 »

I know you are really... Gixerboy told me he heard you saying nice things about it ::) ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 08 May 2011, 19:24:49 »

I know you are really... Gixerboy told me he heard you saying nice things about it ::) ;D
Yeah, and you believe that?  S'pose you believe I'm storking him, yet it was him touching me up at Tiffins last night...  ...and I have witnesses...
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 08 May 2011, 19:32:21 »

Yeah, and you believe that?  S'pose you believe I'm storking him, yet it was him touching me up at Tiffins last night...  ...and I have witnesses...

I think the preferred phrase is Grooming him ;D ;D ;D

And yes... I've witnessed it and been on the receiving end of your "attentions" :-X :-X :P :P :D :D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 08 May 2011, 23:02:41 »

Ewww! Much too much information :o

http://www.unilever.co.uk/brands/foodbrands/Stork.aspx
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 09 May 2011, 08:00:56 »

Ewww! Much too much information :o

http://www.unilever.co.uk/brands/foodbrands/Stork.aspx

;D ;D ;D Splendid :y
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 1748   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.