Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Linked Events

• High Wycombe Meet: 07 May 2012
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: High Wycombe Date Confirmed  (Read 29705 times)

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
Re: High Wycombe Date Confirmed
« Reply #75 on: 04 May 2012, 20:26:03 »

ah that would make sense...did'nt want him driving up too wycombe on a sunday too find nothing happening.. :y
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 04 May 2012, 23:28:37 »

The last 3 series rear springs I changed were a doddle... Drop the bottom shock mount and they will fall out without lowering the diff ;)
That's pretty much what the Youtube vids show, and the only possible problem I can foresee is if the bottom shock mount is secured by the "ba$tard" bolt. Official book time for both sides is 0.95, which would also indicate it is a pretty simple job (famous last words  ;D )

As long as chris has his impact gun you should be fine ;) ;) IIRC the last set I changed (admittedly on a 2 post lift) took me under 30 mins for the pair ;) :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

feeutfo

« Reply #77 on: 05 May 2012, 00:04:01 »

Need to check my spring compressors will work/fit before we start the front. But doesn't "look" to bad.

05omegav6

« Reply #78 on: 05 May 2012, 01:07:09 »

Need to check my spring compressors will work/fit before we start the front. But doesn't "look" to bad.

Will pop mine in the car just in case  along with LDs carpet :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 05 May 2012, 10:34:23 »

The last 3 series rear springs I changed were a doddle... Drop the bottom shock mount and they will fall out without lowering the diff ;)
That's pretty much what the Youtube vids show, and the only possible problem I can foresee is if the bottom shock mount is secured by the "ba$tard" bolt. Official book time for both sides is 0.95, which would also indicate it is a pretty simple job (famous last words  ;D )

As long as chris has his impact gun you should be fine ;) ;) IIRC the last set I changed (admittedly on a 2 post lift) took me under 30 mins for the pair ;) :y
Ah, yes, must remember to charge mine
Grumpy old man

ted_one

« Reply #80 on: 05 May 2012, 13:48:57 »

I do'nt usually come to the meets to get help with a problem,but this time I really could do with a  bit of practical help in regards to the two glove compartment covers and the fuse box cover as I've got this far with an interior change and I really cannot grasp how to do them.Durr  ::)If I bring them along is there some one who would be willing to have a crack at doing them with me as the gopher or is this a bit to much of a job to be doing at a meet?
 :-[

Delroy47

• Intermediate Member
  • Luton
    • 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 05 May 2012, 14:23:04 »

Hi all never been to a meet and I am actually free on monday so will be attending as its an easy journey from the other half's. I have some EML issues that have baffled me and could do with some help. I look forward to meeting up with you all

ted_one

« Reply #82 on: 05 May 2012, 14:53:09 »

Just to clear up a point on my last post,It'll be myself who will be assuming the role of the Gopher as I understand clearly that I possess the skill levels required to do the job of Gopher/Dogsbody, as it's just been pointed out to me by SWMBO.. ::)

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 05 May 2012, 15:05:21 »

Ken...don't know about the too big bit...I seem to remember Radar's engine spread over the car park last time ;D ;D ;D ;D

And don't forget Taxi-Al wegded under my wings ;D ;D ;D

It seems there is going to be  a spring change going on too...plus hopefully my CL and sterio problems......
We want a bit of decent weather or a few gazeebo's.

And.....Delroy47....more than welcome :y

This looks like being a bumper meet....scuz the pun ;D  Just sent swmbo off out for supplies :y Bacon may be off tho...she turned her nose up when I said :(
« Last Edit: 05 May 2012, 15:07:31 by terbert »
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 05 May 2012, 16:51:24 »

Hmmmmmmmm....no bacon

But she has turned up with 48 Chicken Drumsticks ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :y
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Martian

« Reply #85 on: 05 May 2012, 18:24:06 »

Ken...don't know about the too big bit...I seem to remember Radar's engine spread over the car park last time ;D ;D ;D ;D

And don't forget Taxi-Al wegded under my wings ;D ;D ;D

It seems there is going to be  a spring change going on too...plus hopefully my CL and sterio problems......
We want a bit of decent weather or a few gazeebo's.
I'll remove the Smokie cassette with my eyes closed, but that doesn't mean you'll hear the end of it  ;) ;)

Grrrrrr

• Intermediate Member
  • Buckinghamshire
    • Jaguar. WTF have I done?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 05 May 2012, 20:21:23 »

I'm cleared to attend so will head over for lunch. You'll hear me coming as the exhaust is starting to blow a little!
Work is the curse of the drinking classes (Oscar Wilde)

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 05 May 2012, 20:32:02 »

I do'nt usually come to the meets to get help with a problem,but this time I really could do with a  bit of practical help in regards to the two glove compartment covers and the fuse box cover as I've got this far with an interior change and I really cannot grasp how to do them.Durr  ::)If I bring them along is there some one who would be willing to have a crack at doing them with me as the gopher or is this a bit to much of a job to be doing at a meet?

don't worry i will get your glove box out....tie it too the back of my car and terberts carpark is big for me too get a bit of speed up....mind you not sure what else will be removed???... :y
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Radar

• Omega Knight
  • Berkshire
    • Elite 2.5 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 05 May 2012, 21:00:33 »

I'm sure you will know much more than me Ken on how to do this but i've got an old haynes manual somewhere i could bring - might give some pointers even if it doesn't cover facelifts?

ted_one

« Reply #89 on: 05 May 2012, 21:01:18 »

That's very kind and thoughtfull of you Mark BUT I cant find that procedure in the Haynes manual,SO I'm gonna pass on that offer, unique  and inovatative as it may be!! :o ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.