Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio adverts for EVs..  (Read 2989 times)

2boxerdogs

Re: Radio adverts for EVs..
« Reply #15 on: 20 February 2018, 14:43:57 »

I can honestly say hand on heart  I will never ask any questions on electric cars , I know all I need to know from watching milk floats when I was a kid, it's V8 petrol or nothing for me.

I seem to remember the little pale blue invalid cars from the sixties and seventies were battery powered.

As kids we would refer to them as a 'cripple carriage' or 'spaz chariot'......... Terms probably not considered politically correct in 2018. :)

You've really jogged my memory Opti, funny enough when I was a teenager in South London there was a repair centre for those little blue invalid carriages, the guy who owned the business was disabled but he drove a Cadillac Eldorado ! Nuff said.😀

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 February 2018, 14:56:32 »

I can honestly say hand on heart  I will never ask any questions on electric cars , I know all I need to know from watching milk floats when I was a kid, it's V8 petrol or nothing for me.

I seem to remember the little pale blue invalid cars from the sixties and seventies were battery powered.

As kids we would refer to them as a 'cripple carriage' or 'spaz chariot'......... Terms probably not considered politically correct in 2018. :)

You've really jogged my memory Opti, funny enough when I was a teenager in South London there was a repair centre for those little blue invalid carriages, the guy who owned the business was disabled but he drove a Cadillac Eldorado ! Nuff said.😀

FWD and about seven and a half litres if memory serves.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 February 2018, 15:01:22 »

I hope you have been charging it! The batteries don't like inactivity.
Yep, they needed a bit of TLC when I got hold of it because it had been unused for a couple of years and my M.I.L. had, unbeknownst to me, unplugged the charger because "there's no point in charging it if it's not being used". ::)

As for the experience. Only a well drilling rig  http://www.streicher-drillingtechnology.de/en/business-sectors/vdd-vertical-onshore/mobile.html    has a higher centre of gravity so corners at 8 m.p.h are tricky

Yep, clocked that one on the first test drive up and down the cul-de-sac. :-[
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 February 2018, 15:06:27 »

I remember walking to school one day when I was about 7 and seeing one of the old 3 wheeled electric milk floats take a corner a bit  enthusiastically. The inside rear wheel clipped the curb and the whole think tottered around on 2 wheels for a while before deciding that today was not its' day and continuing up the road.

Unfortunately, nobody told its' load of milk which deposited itself neatly at the intersection of the give way markings in the middle of the road.

Myself and my mate nearly split our sides.  ;D Fortunately, we outran the milkman as he wasn't best pleased with his handywork. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 February 2018, 16:51:39 »

Invacar they were called,apparently the last ones made could top 80mph :o :o :o :o,not electric.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invacar
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20 February 2018, 17:23:47 »

FWD and about seven and a half litres if memory serves.

Only if you bought the small engine.

The 500ci lump is 8.2 litres.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.