Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Microwaves gone Bang  (Read 5116 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Microwaves gone Bang
« Reply #30 on: 21 February 2018, 19:35:32 »

I do baked spuds in the slow cooker, chuck em in on low when going to work and they are deeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious when I get in
That's another kitchen appliance that is to complex for normal blokes to master.

Pink job!
Grumpy old man

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21 February 2018, 19:42:58 »

Ours is a Panasonic Inverter model, microwave/convection/grill, and does the job.

Its a bit too complicated for me, but she doesn't grumble about it.

It does do one of the best microwave baked spuds I've tasted, by using microwave and grill in unison.  Obviously still not a real baked spud, but close, and only 14mins.

That'smy model too - how do you use them in unison? I'm a bloke, so don't read instructions!

Ron.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21 February 2018, 19:57:31 »

I have a Morphy Richards microwave/convection oven.It's about 5yrs old now and given that I don't have a cooker[haven't for about 15yrs]it has had some usage in one format or the other for most days of that 5yrs I've had it.Favourite kitchen appliance though has to be my slow cooker.

STEMO

« Reply #33 on: 21 February 2018, 20:02:13 »

I have a Morphy Richards microwave/convection oven.It's about 5yrs old now and given that I don't have a cooker[haven't for about 15yrs]it has had some usage in one format or the other for most days of that 5yrs I've had it.Favourite kitchen appliance though has to be my slow cooker.
Why no cooker, Baza?

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 21 February 2018, 20:16:33 »

Maureen[in her wisdom :D]got it in her head all those years ago that we didn't actually need one,so we got a microwave/oven[that one lasted about 10yrs]a slow cooker,an electric wok and a George Foreman grill and called it done-oh,also got a pop up toaster with an extra bit on the end that'll boil 4 eggs or poach 2 eggs at a time and a deep fat fryer[tried one of those air fryer things and couldn't get on with that]she passed away 3yrs ago but I've stuck with what there is they do me just fine.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 21 February 2018, 20:33:49 »

I do baked spuds in the slow cooker, chuck em in on low when going to work and they are deeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious when I get in
That's another kitchen appliance that is to complex for normal blokes to master.

Pink job!

No no no it's perfect for the man, chuck a load of random stuff in and a jar of sauce switch it on and bingo a tasty dish when you get in, a leg of lamb done in it is unfluffing believable 
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21 February 2018, 20:59:00 »

Ours is a Panasonic Inverter model, microwave/convection/grill, and does the job.

Its a bit too complicated for me, but she doesn't grumble about it.

It does do one of the best microwave baked spuds I've tasted, by using microwave and grill in unison.  Obviously still not a real baked spud, but close, and only 14mins.

That'smy model too - how do you use them in unison? I'm a bloke, so don't read instructions!

Ron.
It has a button that says baked spud, then type in weight, and wait for it to bleep 14mins later....
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21 February 2018, 20:59:19 »

Pink job!

No no no it's perfect for the man, chuck a load of random stuff in and a jar of sauce switch it on and bingo a tasty dish when you get in, a leg of lamb done in it is unfluffing believable
Defo sounds like a pink job to me...
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 24 February 2018, 14:58:58 »

Got fed up Window Shopping and Scratching my head, so decided to take the Door apart and fix it.  ::)

So, some Proxy Resin, alloy sheet and some Bolts and a good clean up, still using the same Microwave,  :y maybe for another 30+ years. if I live that long.  :(  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #39 on: 24 February 2018, 16:14:18 »

Got fed up Window Shopping and Scratching my head, so decided to take the Door apart and fix it.  ::)

So, some Proxy Resin, alloy sheet and some Bolts and a good clean up, still using the same Microwave,  :y maybe for another 30+ years. if I live that long.  :(  ;D
You'll have been on here for 800 days if you do.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.