Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: Snow?
« Reply #105 on: 04 March 2018, 19:31:28 »

Bit of rain here around mid day for couple of hours and has almost washed it all away...along with the positively barmy 5 degrees here. 8)

Crazy how we can have an almost 12 degree temperature swing inside 3 days ...only England  :)

Happened here(well, Saleignes) too: Wednesday was -2 early afternoon, but Friday  hit 10 by midday.

Now we're in the SW, it's 17/18 during the day.

STEMO

« Reply #106 on: 04 March 2018, 19:39:26 »

I've driven over 100 miles today on shitty A and B roads........thick fog for most of the day. It's not really a problem, just makes me tired more quickly cause I have to concentrate more, but the bastards who insist on driving around with no lights on really piss me off.
Mostly newer cars with auto lights that don't turn on because it's not actually dark. Drivers are oblivious to the fact because they've never had to turn them on manually.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 04 March 2018, 19:43:00 »

Mostly newer cars with auto lights that don't turn on because it's not actually dark. Drivers are oblivious to the fact because they've never had to turn them on manually.
We were discussing the same last night, whilst waiting to pick up our takeaway.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 05 March 2018, 09:34:33 »

This is the problem with partially automating things, whether it be on cars, planes or anything else.

Take away enough responsibility away from the seat-steering-wheel interface and they become a liability. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 05 March 2018, 10:38:59 »

I've driven over 100 miles today on shitty A and B roads........thick fog for most of the day. It's not really a problem, just makes me tired more quickly cause I have to concentrate more, but the bastards who insist on driving around with no lights on really piss me off.

Auto lights are odd. At times they come on when there is plenty of light. At other times I have to switch them on manually because it is getting dark.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #110 on: 05 March 2018, 10:41:54 »

This is the problem with partially automating things, whether it be on cars, planes or anything else.

Take away enough responsibility away from the seat-steering-wheel interface and they become a liability. ::)

Personally I don't like many of these modern ideas the only thing I have liked using someone else's Merc was the reversing camera , to be honest I don't even see the need for electric windows but "gadgets" sell.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #111 on: 05 March 2018, 11:07:03 »

Just got in from walking the dog & the "gadget" in the Jeep is telling me it's 12 degrees but do  I need to know that ? I can tell it's a lot warmer !

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 05 March 2018, 23:40:06 »

Nowt to speak of in the pompey area, snowed for a while last Thusday & that was it
Brushed the car off & all the main roads were useable friday morning,
Crawled home Friday evening behind a muppet at 20 mph as a bit of sleet came down.

Nothing at all compared to these folk, now burnin their furniture to stay warm  :o

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-43285331

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 06 March 2018, 09:03:43 »

I don't understand that...

Surely, if you live in the arse end of nowhere, in a mountainous region, why wouldn't you stockpile a couple of weeks worth of supplies? Having to resort to burning furniture suggests a complete lack of preparedness ???
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 06 March 2018, 09:18:17 »

Surely, if you live in the arse end of nowhere, in a mountainous region, why wouldn't you stockpile a couple of weeks worth of supplies? Having to resort to burning furniture suggests a complete lack of preparedness ???

What odds are we giving for a mini baby-boom of yet more stupid people in that village?

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 06 March 2018, 09:30:31 »

People.....

That's all you need to know ;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 06 March 2018, 09:33:37 »

What on earth are they doing with the Chinook? Trying to blow the snow away? ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 06 March 2018, 09:54:45 »

Knowing how isolated they are, apart from keeping the essentials in stock, surely it would be sensible to have alternative sources of power and heat - gas, electricity, solid fuel or whatever?

Ron.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 06 March 2018, 10:27:25 »

Yes you'd think most people have a fan or convection heater tucked away somewhere.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 06 March 2018, 10:50:42 »

Sarcasm notwithstanding, it doesn't take a genius to understand that you never let your fuel supplies run below half, and come October, order double and keep it topped up, be it coal, gas, generator fuel... And as for other supplies, water butts can be used to provide water to flush the toilet with, and bottled water is a pound a gallon. Essential food stuffs are readily available in long dated tins, so having enough to survive for a week.

If our water and electricity went out today, we could last for four days without leaving the house. If the gas went as well then we might be stuffed as we don't currently have a barbecue... ::)

And that's ignoring the fact that the last time we were snowed in was in 1987 ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.