Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Whilst walking to collect the car, part 1  (Read 4779 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Whilst walking to collect the car, part 1
« Reply #15 on: 02 March 2018, 10:13:26 »

Who pays for that and the subsequent repair?

I saw a Sky fella up a ladder a while back, and he'd drilled a big hole in the side of the house so he could screw a hook in to tie the ladder too!  ::)  I wouldn't have been very impressed if it was my house, Elf n Safety or no bloody Elf n Safety!  :P

How did he get up there to drill the hole? Cherry picker? :D

No it was about 5 feet up, so he had his cake and ate it!  :P  ;D
Up a ladder? That can't be healthy :D
Fred managed it without a cherry picker  ;)  ...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=917D47hh_9k

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 March 2018, 11:02:17 »

The average Sky fitter's uncercrackers would be soiled before they got 10' up one of Fred's ladders!  ;D

As would mine, in fairness. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 02 March 2018, 12:22:34 »

I saw a Sky fella up a ladder a while back, and he'd drilled a big hole in the side of the house so he could screw a hook in to tie the ladder too!  ::)  I wouldn't have been very impressed if it was my house, Elf n Safety or no bloody Elf n Safety!  :P

Fred managed it without a cherry picker  ;)  ...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=917D47hh_9k

O M F G

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 March 2018, 13:04:13 »

I Watched an old film of Fred Dibnah were he said "I climb better after a pint or three" :D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 March 2018, 15:00:01 »

O M F G

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮

Did you watch it all? Erecting the platform at the top is unbelievable

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 02 March 2018, 15:51:41 »

O M F G

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮

Did you watch it all? Erecting the platform at the top is unbelievable
No, Andy, I only got to the bit where he's tapping the headers. I'll have a look at the rest when I'm in bed, right in the middle of the bed, where I'm sure I can't fall down.  ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 March 2018, 15:52:30 »

I Watched an old film of Fred Dibnah were he said "I climb better after a pint or three" :D

Yes, and that was the case with another steeple jack we knew on my husbands side of the family, whom I have spoken about before.

He was an alcoholic, but regularly worked at high level, on the top of chimneys etc.

Being "jolly" seemed to help him as well! :D :D ;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02 March 2018, 18:20:36 »

In his book he describes how, as an apprentice, he'd pass another steeplejack's ladders up a chimney on the way home from the pub and climb them just to see how they'd done it. :o
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03 March 2018, 11:05:27 »

We are officially meant to fully lower our tail lifts before assembling the rails on them because someone in either Glasgow or Mancchester managed to walk backwards off a tail lift with a wheelchair whilst it was 5' off the ground... (Not sure quite how they did this as the frames are stowed across the doors :-X).

Technically, going by COP it must literally be on the ground, yet the tail lift instructions say in black and white that rails must be used at heights of over 2 metres. COP also completely over looks the fact that the body cannot be raised from the chassis without being completely stowed and that even if the tail lift could be opened without the body being fully lowered, the door lock won't release until the body is fully down...  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03 March 2018, 11:26:45 »

.. and Fred moaned about his hard hat. ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03 March 2018, 11:38:20 »

.. and Fred moaned about his hard hat. ;D
I suspect that his manager couldn't afford to be too picky ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03 March 2018, 14:09:54 »

Certain industries seem to have ingrained drinking cultures where they often have long leave periods or non-working days due to bad weather. These include: Construction workers, armed forces, acting and entertainment profession and aircraft crew.

Two of the worst alcoholics I've known were both BA aircrew. One took early retirement and would drink 9 pints every day 4 every lunch time and 5 in an evening with an additional bottle of wine with his Sunday lunch. He had a rigid timetable and would be at the pub at noon on the dot and leave at 1pm to go home for lunch and out again at 9pm for the evening session on the dot and leave 10:30pm. He used to smoke small cigars and would always buy them singly across the bar The other one is now a retired pilot on health grounds where drinking and smoking meant he had major heart issues by the time he was 50 and was grounded. He is always down the pub as it opens in a morning and then drinks until he can drink no more and must drink at least 20 pints everyday, maybe more. :o :o :o He has a bright red pub tan and I can't see him making old bones. :D :D :D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03 March 2018, 14:17:01 »

I thought sky, were doing away with dishes.
Hoof'land storeman.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03 March 2018, 14:37:16 »

Certain industries seem to have ingrained drinking cultures where they often have long leave periods or non-working days due to bad weather. These include: Construction workers, armed forces, acting and entertainment profession and aircraft crew.
I think can be summed up with "The Civil Service".  Including those ex civil service industries like rail companies etc
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03 March 2018, 16:57:32 »

I think can be summed up with "The Civil Service".  Including those ex civil service industries like rail companies etc

I have a mate who used to work for BR in the "good old days". Apparently, it was considered normal for a train to pull into Waterloo, on a hot day, whereby the driver and fireman would nip across the road for half a dozen pints before driving the train back out. :o I think that might raise some eyebrows these days. Still, the world didn't end.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.