Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this the end of VX  (Read 2945 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Is this the end of VX
« Reply #15 on: 24 March 2018, 00:20:12 »

I would tend to agree. VX is a dying brand anyway. They haven't produced a remotely interesting car for 15 years.
Peugeot is probably a more prestigious brand in the UK now anyway, although , personally I think they are just French shite that  I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 March 2018, 00:27:31 »

That's my view on why they were interested in the Vauxhall brand.

To try to sell their godawful plastic shitboxes under a brand that's not immediately identified as "French shite". ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 March 2018, 09:28:36 »

I think the only question over Vx future is whether PSA get rid of the brand altogether, or rebrand their products with VX badges for the UK market.

getting rid of the brands altogether is the only justifiable reason that PSA bought it in the first place.
It would have been cheaper to not buy it, and let the brands disappear on their own.

I suspect PSA will utilise the brands (though maybe remove Vauxhall and just use Opel) to target different customers.  Or keep Vauxhall and use it as a global budget brand, and sit Opel slightly above, keeping their home brands as premium - Pug more traditional, Citroen more hip.

I agree with MigV6 in that there has been nothing remotely interesting new out of Vauxhall/Opel this millennium, what with the dull Vectra-C and is equally dull (but better to drive) successor.  The Astra/Corsa type cars will always have a market for young families and 2nd cars, or for those where the family has flown the nest.

Vauxhall/Opel's dullness does really match what set in at Peugeot from around the mid nineties, and Ford around 10 years earlier - though in Fords case, I think they are changing in the last few years, and making cars that are more rewarding to drive. Hopefully that's some hope for other makers to follow...

But the fact remains, the vast majority of buyers aren't even remotely interested in driving.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 March 2018, 22:22:42 »

Peugeot and Citroen : "premium brands"  ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 March 2018, 07:48:38 »

The Colchester Vauxhall dealer/multi franchise has ,since PSA,s involvment had Poogo taken from them and put with the Citroen dealer. They still have Skoda, Kia and Mazda though

Keith ABS

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25 March 2018, 13:28:55 »

Who or what is poogo ?  ??? ;D  :-\
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25 March 2018, 15:00:21 »

French shit...  ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25 March 2018, 17:18:20 »

I get it now. :y had just got up when I first read it.  :D

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 26 March 2018, 10:17:51 »

Poogo and Clitruin make cars for people who don't care what they drive, as long as it looks pretty.

They are cheap appliances that have a limited life span, but even that is less imited than the attention span of the owners. They don't care if it only lasts 3 years, because they will be bored and move on to the next pretty car by then.

As mentioned, PSA and Vauxhall haven't really brought anything remotely interesting to the market in years, actually it's probably decades. 205GTI and the 405 Mi16 spring to mind. Vauxhall seems to have stalled too, with bland, boring and uninspiring cars. I suppose the Monaro (VXR8) is partially Vauxhall, but it doesn't make up for the cars in their current offerings.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.