Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Here for help and advice  (Read 3084 times)

Black5f

• Rothwell. Northants
    • '#03996 Z28
    • View Profile
Here for help and advice
« on: 04 April 2018, 20:20:42 »

Hi All!

Not really a noob, bit old for that. Here for help and advice. 2.6 V6 CD auto 04 plate 130k. Had her about 18 months. VGC except A/C compressor gone and one heated seat doesn't work. Wanted to restore my 22 year old Disco but couldn't afford, so sold her (very sad, I'm still sad, a long term relationship of 19 years). Was offered this, she just goes to work and back about 8 miles. No expense spared on her, shes getting fluffy on the arches. Flew through MOT in August, no work, no advisories. Bit thirsty .. yes. But a nice car, quickish yes, quiet luxury .. yes. She shines up well. Under bonnet very clean, no leaks, nothing. Was running great.

Problem, random misfire, searched your forums, lot of options. codes were 0300, 0302 only for 2 months now 0304. I reckon nearside coil pack (RHD) and change plugs unless you know better. I happened all of a sudden, smooth and then permanent misfire. Don't like randomly changing parts? Whats the best pack vs money? Stop, take out key, wait, restart, problem goes away for a bit? How do you reset ECM as normal GM ... just leave -ve off for 1/2 hour like I am now? Oil looks like olive oil, clean, some scum on filler (lots of short trips and extremely wet weather). But when firing on all cylinders, lsmooth, no power issues etc. Or should I post this in technical?

Other cars, '96 Chevy Z28 (so when I say the Omega is quickish there's some perspective and something called an Astra DTi which is 15 plate, but is actually not bad.

Cheers
Tom
Current cars ... Omega CD 2.6 '02 is sadly gone, but to a good home, 2005 Honda Civic, '21 Mitsubishi Outlander, and a '96 Chevy Z28 '96 which is still quick.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
Re: Here for help and advice
« Reply #1 on: 04 April 2018, 21:15:55 »

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90482.0

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90581.0

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90594.0

P0301 Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
P0302 Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
P0303 Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected
P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
P0305 Cylinder 5 Misfire Detected
P0306 Cylinder 6 Misfire Detected

I had all of these. at 180K.  randomly. and yes turning it off cured it temporarily.

When I looked closer I had

a) Lots of emulified oil in the plug holes because cam cover gasket (also showed as an oil leak) and water from scuttle was dripping onto coil pack
b) VERY old knackered plugs
c) Coil packs which were past sell by date and cracking up.

I got my coil packs off ebay - very carefully selecting the right Bosch parts - they could be fake but they look right. £35 for one and £52 for the other. There are other makes available.

A bit of emulsion on oil cap is okay given your short journeys, but make sure breathers are clear.

Black5f

• Rothwell. Northants
    • '#03996 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 April 2018, 23:35:52 »

Massive thanks for reply. a) She is so dry, clean and oil free under bonnet, and underneath for her age it's unreal. b) and c) .. very likely, I can't see 2,4,6 pack as they are covered by some sort of wiring harness plastic channel. Coil pack and plugs it will be, and clean breathers. Thanks for the ebay tip, good price.

Cheers.
Tom
Current cars ... Omega CD 2.6 '02 is sadly gone, but to a good home, 2005 Honda Civic, '21 Mitsubishi Outlander, and a '96 Chevy Z28 '96 which is still quick.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 April 2018, 07:29:10 »

Hello and welcome to OOF :y You're certainly in the best place for all things Omega related-and plenty of other stuff too.

migiestate

• Intermediate Member
  • Liverpool
    • 03 Omega 2.2 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 April 2018, 23:16:06 »

Hello and welcome to the forum  :y.Plenty of great help and advice to be had here  :y :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 April 2018, 18:20:32 »

Hola! Welcome to the forum :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Black5f

• Rothwell. Northants
    • '#03996 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 April 2018, 18:54:31 »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys and gals! Currently sourcing a 2,4,6 coil pack and a set of spark plugs! Shes having a rest right now but I wish the weather would cheer up a but as my '96 Camaro has become the daily runner to work. She looks better in the sun, but does like to drink, but it's all about smiles to the gallon isn't it?
T
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.