Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Car serviced  (Read 3237 times)

STEMO

Car serviced
« on: 05 April 2018, 14:42:27 »

Free MOT, no advisories, £132, happy. :)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: Car serviced
« Reply #1 on: 05 April 2018, 14:49:06 »

Good value that! Hardly worth getting your hands dirty.  :y

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2018, 14:58:53 »

I nearly said "Wow, that's effin cheap", Jimmy. But, apparently, that's not the done thing in Barnsley. You have to scowl a bit and either ram your card into the machine, or count it out in cash, very slowly, hoping he'll say "S'alright mate, no need to worry about the two quid".  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 April 2018, 15:28:37 »

I nearly said "Wow, that's effin cheap", Jimmy. But, apparently, that's not the done thing in Barnsley. You have to scowl a bit and either ram your card into the machine, or count it out in cash, very slowly, hoping he'll say "S'alright mate, no need to worry about the two quid".  ;D

I can imagine. :y

I suppose Yorkshire is relatively close to the heathens who live on the dark side of Hadrians wall.  That'll be where the tight-arsed attitude came from. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 April 2018, 15:32:14 »

Won't work if he is also from Yorkshire. :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 April 2018, 16:09:40 »

Was that minor service? Just oil/filter change?

Booked the Zaf in for MOT in Vauxhall Camberley Eden, I registered it on the 'service club' so it's £27 for the MOT.

Asked about next service, apparently a major is due. £249 all in, but for that it's oil/filter/pollen/air filer and good check over.

I want to keep book stamped up as it's new, will probably just go for minor/oil change only. Change all filters myself and give it a once over.

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 05 April 2018, 16:14:09 »

Booked the Zaf in for MOT in Vauxhall Camberley Eden, I registered it on the 'service club' so it's £27 for the MOT.

Asked about next service, apparently a major is due. £249 all in, but for that it's oil/filter/pollen/air filer and good check over.

I want to keep book stamped up as it's new, will probably just go for minor/oil change only. Change all filters myself and give it a once over.
It's oil+filter, fuel filter and air filter. Local independent, not Vauxhall.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 April 2018, 16:36:16 »

Bloody northern prices being cheap, that is good value. That's basically the service Eden quoted, need to double check if they included the fuel filter.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 April 2018, 16:39:26 »

Probably no need to check that they've all been done then, although a local indy who had been servicing a neighbour's Golf for years was not changing stuff, as I discovered when I took it on. Plugs hadn't been out for years, brake fluid was black! Yet he was shelling out annually. >:(

STEMO

« Reply #9 on: 05 April 2018, 16:47:29 »

This fella has been there for 36 years, comes well recommended. Oil is clean as a whistle. Good enough for me

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 05 April 2018, 16:56:59 »

Another bonus is I can walk home in ten minutes, no farting around with lifts or public transport.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 April 2018, 18:29:48 »

I suppose I should have warned him, some 40 years ago I got them to MOT a Citroen GS, which had the wonderful( >:() inboard front brakes. It failed the MOT on these being worn out. They didn't even have the grace to be embarrassed when I pointed out the empty pad boxes in the boot from where I changed them the previous day. >:( :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 April 2018, 18:31:39 »

This fella has been there for 36 years, comes well recommended. Oil is clean as a whistle. Good enough for me

No way I can tell if my oil was changed. No dipstick. Isn't progress wonderful. :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 April 2018, 18:33:31 »

No way I can tell if my oil was changed. No dipstick. Isn't progress wonderful. :-\
If you use a Jag dealer, that would be a concern ;)
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 April 2018, 18:34:36 »

I suppose I should have warned him, some 40 years ago I got them to MOT a Citroen GS, which had the wonderful( >:() inboard front brakes. It failed the MOT on these being worn out. They didn't even have the grace to be embarrassed when I pointed out the empty pad boxes in the boot from where I changed them the previous day. >:( :y

Just like the Alfasud.

I found the pads easy to change simply by undoing an allen screw so the pads could be removed.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 05 April 2018, 18:35:56 »

If you use a Jag dealer, that would be a concern ;)

My experience of Jaguar dealers has not been positive. :-\

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 April 2018, 18:37:37 »

Just like the Alfasud.

I found the pads easy to change simply by undoing an allen screw so the pads could be removed.
They weren't difficult to change, just difficult for lazy gits to check properly. >:(

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 April 2018, 10:17:30 »

Just like the Alfasud.

GS had little button pads for the handbrake too :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06 April 2018, 14:15:30 »

I am gobsmacked by what seem to be stellar mileages between services on the 2/3/4 year old cars we have been looking at(still).

What is the interval on your car STEMO- a diesel from memory?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06 April 2018, 14:30:22 »

Run the engine, place kitchen around oil filler cap, remove cap. See what splashes out.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06 April 2018, 14:55:01 »

I am gobsmacked by what seem to be stellar mileages between services on the 2/3/4 year old cars we have been looking at(still).

He is too old to have significant memory. :)

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 06 April 2018, 15:24:27 »

12 months or 20,000 miles from memory. But it has a %countdown on the computer, so if it needed a service, it would tell me.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06 April 2018, 16:00:07 »

Run the engine, place kitchen around oil filler cap, remove cap. See what splashes out.

My kitchen is quite large, i'm not sure I could get it to fit. ::) ;D

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06 April 2018, 16:03:55 »

Just like the Alfasud.

GS had little button pads for the handbrake too :y

I can't remember that, but I did enjoy the adjustable ride height when I was transporting kids to guides and scout camps over rough terrain. :y
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.