Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Honesty does exist.  (Read 1388 times)

shyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Southport, merseyside.
    • Mazda 6
    • View Profile
Honesty does exist.
« on: 05 April 2018, 20:35:51 »

I'm feeling quite uplifted by this.
Last Friday my daughter-in-law took two of her daughters and grandchildren for a short family break in a cottage in Yorkshire, which they use every year, and made a stop at one of the motorway service stations en route. On arriving at the destination she suddenly realised that she didn't have her purse, containing £200 cash, but thankfully no credit cards or other critical stuff.
She rang the service station immediately, giving as much detail of her movements as possible, but as expected they had no information, and she wrote it off as irrevocably lost, and despite my son's philosophical approach to this she was obviously very upset.
She returned home yesterday in time to fly today for another pre-arranged short break to stay with friends in Spain with her husband, and they arrived there an hour ago.
My grand daughter has just rung to tell us that the service station have telephoned their home to report that the purse has been found, with its contents intact, and she's got the pleasant job of texting her Mum in Spain to give her the news.
We don't yet know how it was discovered, but obviously one or more people have displayed great honesty here.
It is so nice to know that these people do still exist, and it's really bucked me up. :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Honesty does exist.
« Reply #1 on: 05 April 2018, 20:42:39 »

:y :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2018, 20:49:34 »

Always good to hear :y
Grumpy old man

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 April 2018, 22:40:56 »

When I was a lad, a mate of mine found a wallet with cards and 30  x one pound notes in it, and a couple of business cards and 2 jonnies.  He put a pin through each of the condoms are returned it all to the rightful owner who didn't offer him a single £1 note as a reward.

It always amused me that somehow my mate knew he wouldn't get a a reward so decided he'd attempt to opps up the guys life as karma in advance.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 April 2018, 10:14:59 »

There is a Facebook page for our little town over here which was originally a buy/sell/exchange forum . Over time it's morphed into a sort of local community news page too.
The times I see pets ,wallets ,purses,debit cards ,keys and expensive telephones being posted as found is amazing and quite heartwarming.
There are good people out there .

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 April 2018, 16:10:54 »

Aye we have one of those pages but Saturday/Sunday morning it's full of "I lost my handbag last night, possibly in " followed by a list of 5-10 pubs. Amazing how little care people take care of £800 worth of phone, passport + purses when bladdered.

Some do get reunited though which is nice :y

I believe Police don't deal with lost property anymore but I guess if I walked in with 10k cash I'd just found they would change their tune  ;D 
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 April 2018, 17:18:07 »

There is a Facebook page for our little town over here which was originally a buy/sell/exchange forum . Over time it's morphed into a sort of local community news page too.
The times I see pets ,wallets ,purses,debit cards ,keys and expensive telephones being posted as found is amazing and quite heartwarming.
There are good people out there .

But that's County Kerry Don. A different (and altogether nicer) place to much of the rest of the world.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

shyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Southport, merseyside.
    • Mazda 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 April 2018, 11:16:53 »

A little more info. now about this.
My son has gone off to Huddersfield today to collect the purse, having learned that the delay in contacting his home address was due to the fact that it contained no detailed personal information apart from a bus pass.
Whoever is dealing with this in the motorway services company used this to contact the issuing authority by phone, who supplied a contact phone number on hearing the circumstances, and enabled the finder to contact my son's home.
I have no doubt that there will be noises made by some about the correctness of a phone number being given out, but my opinion is that someone has used a lot of that rare commodity, common sense, to secure a very satisfactory outcome to an upsetting event.
When identified they will be thanked appropriately by a very grateful lady, who happens to be a local magistrate, and sees the other side of the coin all too frequently in her work.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 April 2018, 20:26:56 »

Good outcome with a bit of common sense by the issuing authority of the bus pass.That's very refreshing indeed :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.