Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Syria Chemical weapons retaliation  (Read 7391 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Syria Chemical weapons retaliation
« on: 11 April 2018, 08:15:46 »

What does the team think about any/the retaliation by the West against Syria for the probable use of chemical weapons.?

For my part it seems strange that after all this time and previous use of chemical weapons , the West is now baying for retaliation.

How bizarre would it be if the West does a military strike against Syria and weakens them and thus helps so called Satanic State. Mind you it would help the Kurds who Turkey (part of NATO).
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
Re: Syria Chemical weapons retaliation
« Reply #1 on: 11 April 2018, 08:35:36 »

Some years ago with the "Arab Spring" the Western liberals were all feeling pretty smug about the democratising and the removal of various oppressive governments and leaders. How many of those countries are actually better off today ?

Will The West strike again Syria ? Hmmmm, will Russia rush to Assads defence if that happens ? Would it simple make Assad even more determined ? What a can of worms . . . .
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 April 2018, 09:57:36 »

We're not allowed to have a war in Europe anymore, the Belgian's get upset, so the middle East is were we now play war, all put a proxy war.
Hoof'land storeman.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 April 2018, 10:43:22 »

We're not allowed to have a war in Europe anymore, the Belgian's get upset, so the middle East is were we now play war, all put a proxy war.

After Brexit . . . . can we have another war with the French ? I mean it's been a while, around 200 years  ::)

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 April 2018, 12:20:51 »

I personally are all for leaving the rag heads to themselves BUT we have a very large problem with the mad mullah in Iran and Rods gangster friend over in Moscow.
If we (the west) don't put the mad oppsers back in there place NOW, we will be looking over our shoulders for ever imo.
After the wall got knocked over back in 89, we (the west) thought it was all over and the world will be a nice friendly place with everybody living happily inside there borders.
One of the problems is Russia and its paranoia about its borders.
As the EU crept further and further east, the Russians got more and more bitter and paranoid.
Now the west are soft, spineless and full of shit.
Our armed forces are that depleted that unless NATO all pulled together and lets be honest here, NATO couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery  >:(  we wouldn't stand a chance of stopping Russia from expanding west when it feels the time is right.
Iran will not stop until it ably supported by its new best friend, Putin control the middle east  :'(

Saudi has nukes hidden away imo and lets not forget the red sea pedestrians who will quite happily turn middle east into a glass carpark if they feel they have no other choice  :( :'(

So what we have here is a cluster opps  :(
A 3rd world war been played out in the dessert in all but name  :(

The yanks could flatten Iran and Syria in weeks. The only question is would Russia protect Assad and how far would they go (and I mean tactical nukes here) ? 
Also would the yanks have the balls to nuke the Russian forces in retaliation ?

I spent the last 3 years of my service in sausage land during the late 80's when we knew that if it kicked off, we would be dead within a week  :'(
End of, no get out of jail free card ......... we would either be bombed, gassed or nuked so I tend to have a blasé attitude to this sort of shit BUT this is worrying me because where will it stop ? :(

Its not about chemical weapons anymore ................. its about if we have the balls to stand up to the new Russian / Iranian alliance which imo will not stop here if left alone to there own devices  :(

Its coming OOFers, get your tin hats ready because this is not going away ....................   :(

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 11 April 2018, 12:52:59 »

As far as I can see, it's inevitable. We have avoided it in the past due to one side (usually Russia) backing off, but I don't think Putin will back off. How many times, both known to Joe Public and unknown, have we come back from the brink? There has to come a time when we won't.
In the West, we are far to used to 'being in charge (and 'in the right'). We are not in charge now.
« Last Edit: 11 April 2018, 12:55:22 by STEMO »

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 11 April 2018, 13:03:01 »

On the news now:
Trump: Get ready for missile strikes in Syria, Russia

Russia: We will shoot them down.

It's getting lively.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 April 2018, 13:16:08 »

I think I'll start digging a hole in my garden.  ???

It might be my grave, it might be my bomb shelter. It depends how much time I have.  :P  ;D

Alternatively I might emigrate to the far south of New Zealand.  :y

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 April 2018, 13:17:16 »

On the news now:
Trump: Get ready for missile strikes in Syria, Russia

Russia: We will shoot them down.

It's getting lively.

We will shoot some of them down  ;)
The REAL question is ............... Who is going to target who directly first ?
The yanks with a SEAD strike against the Russians missile battery's for daring to stop the tomahawks OR the Russians targeting the yanks which are firing the tomahawks ?

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 April 2018, 13:19:08 »

I think I'll start digging a hole in my garden.  ???

It might be my grave, it might be my bomb shelter. It depends how much time I have.  :P  ;D

Alternatively I might emigrate to the far south of New Zealand.  :y

Stay were you are Tiggs, your safe  :)
There is nothing worth bombing in Dorset anyway  :P ;D ;D

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 11 April 2018, 13:27:32 »

We've had it in Barnsley. They'll do Leeds to the north and Sheffield to the south, so we get fried, just more slowly. They'll be on gas mark 8 and we'll slow roast on about 4.  ;D

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 April 2018, 13:30:59 »

We've had it in Barnsley. They'll do Leeds to the north and Sheffield to the south, so we get fried, just more slowly. They'll be on gas mark 8 and we'll slow roast on about 4.  ;D

I've no work on this afternoon, I think I might watch Threads again  :y ;D ;D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threads

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 April 2018, 13:32:36 »

I personally are all for leaving the rag heads to themselves BUT we have a very large problem with the mad mullah in Iran and Rods gangster friend over in Moscow.
If we (the west) don't put the mad oppsers back in there place NOW, we will be looking over our shoulders for ever imo.
After the wall got knocked over back in 89, we (the west) thought it was all over and the world will be a nice friendly place with everybody living happily inside there borders.
As the EU crept further and further east, the Russians got more and more bitter and paranoid.
Our armed forces are that depleted that unless NATO all pulled together and lets be honest here, NATO couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery  >:(  we wouldn't stand a chance of stopping Russia from expanding west when it feels the time is right.
Iran will not stop until it ably supported by its new best friend, Putin control the middle east  :'(

Saudi has nukes hidden away imo and lets not forget the red sea pedestrians who will quite happily turn middle east into a glass carpark if they feel they have no other choice  :( :'(

The yanks could flatten Iran and Syria in weeks. The only question is would Russia protect Assad and how far would they go (and I mean tactical nukes here) ? 

I spent the last 3 years of my service in sausage land during the late 80's when we knew that if it kicked off, we would be dead within a week  :'(
End of, no get out of jail free card ......... we would either be bombed, gassed or nuked so I tend to have a blasé attitude to this sort of shit BUT this is worrying me because where will it stop ? :(

Its not about chemical weapons anymore ................. its about if we have the balls to stand up to the new Russian / Iranian alliance which imo will not stop here if left alone to there own devices  :(

Its coming OOFers, get your tin hats ready because this is not going away ....................   :(

You forgot to mention Russia annexing The UK. It would be a good fit. Nice climate, banking, access to GCHQ intel and of course access to the North Atlantic. A puppet government led by Corbyn would be compliant. The ethnics could live in small to medium housing leaving the nicer houses to oligarchs and favoured lackies.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 11 April 2018, 13:32:44 »

I've no work on this afternoon, I think I might watch Threads again  :y ;D ;D
Good idea. Cheer you up no end.  ;D

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 April 2018, 13:42:34 »

You forgot to mention Russia annexing The UK. It would be a good fit. Nice climate, banking, access to GCHQ intel and of course access to the North Atlantic. A puppet government led by Corbyn would be compliant. The ethnics could live in small to medium housing leaving the nicer houses to oligarchs and favoured lackies.

Well Corbin has been telling everybody that he will be prime minister within 12 months  :-\
There coming I tell yeh ............. The reds, there coming  ;D ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.