Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meanwhile, in Gateshead  (Read 1466 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile

STEMO

Re: Meanwhile, in Gateshead
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2018, 10:56:41 »

They can certainly keep you awake unless you have blackout curtains.

Automaticman

• Neston
  • Saxwood
    • Frontera V6 Omega V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2018, 12:12:46 »

Yes these new fangled LED streetlamps are melting my eyelids  :o
When ya wanna shoot, shoot, dont talk !

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 April 2018, 12:14:12 »

We don't have streetlights where I live, so they're not going to give me cancer. I do, however, tend to bump into things occasionally - particularly on the way back from the pub. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 April 2018, 13:21:48 »

We don't have streetlights where I live, so they're not going to give me cancer. I do, however, tend to bump into things occasionally - particularly on the way back from the pub. ::)

It's funny how they seem to sense that you might not be on top of your game and tend to jump out in front of you!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 April 2018, 13:48:31 »

It's funny how they seem to sense that you might not be on top of your game and tend to jump out in front of you!  ;D
Yep. It's very unfair. >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 April 2018, 20:20:28 »

Just in the process of updating my outside glowworms to cool white LEDs. The 15w CF porch bulb has been replaced with a 35w case bulb for £3 direct from China which has about the same Lumen output as a normal 100w bulb. Where before the light was lost among the neighbours, the new bright white light stands out like a lighthouse beacon from 100 yards away. ;D ;D ;D I was impressed with the speed of delivery as goods direct from China and Hong Kong normally take a couple of weeks to arrive but this took 3 days with the usual customs declaration in Chinese so it wasn't from a local UK based warehouse which hold many Chinese goods these days.

The 500w floodlight I'm replacing with a 100w cool white LED spot with a slightly higher Lumen output Now this is a big spot lamp, about four times the area of the standard sized old one. I hope to get this wired in this weekend but I've got a feeling with its whiter colour temperature it will appear much brighter than the old one. ;D ;D ;D As it points towards Camberley maybe Tunnie or Guffer can report back on its area brightness. ;D ;D ;D

At the back I've got 5 30w miniature flood lamps at £8 each off Ebay which are about the same brightness as normal 100w bulbs. The old plastic cases are beginning to fall apart with 3 bulbs blown on the old ones which I haven't replaced as I think I will just end up with a pile of plastic if I disturb them. The solid mains cable are wired directly into them, so I've bought 5 water proof junction boxes to link from the solid cable to the multi-core going into the flood lamps. I will probably wire these in next weekend as I need to get two new cherry tree planted in the back garden this weekend as the leaves are beginning to sprout on them.

So I suggest that sensitive folk from Gateshead keep well clear of the middle of Sandhurst. ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 April 2018, 00:54:41 »

Don't be surprised if you find a confused Chinook sat in your garden one night!  :o  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 April 2018, 13:57:19 »

Don't be surprised if you find a confused Chinook sat in your garden one night!  :o  ;D

Being not many miles from Odiham they normally spend the night about 300' above my bedroom, so no worries there. ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.