Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello All From Omega Geezer  (Read 3227 times)

Omega Geezer

• Dorset
    • Omega 2.6 V.6 Elite 2003
    • View Profile
Hello All From Omega Geezer
« on: 14 April 2018, 10:12:51 »

Hi There All,

l've been viewing your site for years and have now joined up at last! :)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Hello All From Omega Geezer
« Reply #1 on: 14 April 2018, 16:59:53 »

Hello and welcome to OOF :y

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 April 2018, 20:55:18 »

Hi and welcome  :y

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 April 2018, 21:34:58 »

Hello and welcome :y

Omega Geezer

• Dorset
    • View Profile
Re: Hello All From Omega Geezer And My Pain
« Reply #4 on: 15 April 2018, 11:05:44 »

Hi, Thanks for the nice welcome.

l (and wifey) have been viewing this site for years on and off. l'm not one for surfing the internet much unless buying something from Argos occasionally and maybe important news and Youtube musical concerts, but l have to say this OOF is really brilliant!

l've been driving only Omegas for the past 20-21 years or so. l just can't seem to get interested in other cars apart from the Honda Legend (never had one mind you). The best one I've had to date so far was a beautiful black 3.2 V6 Elite. How l loved that baby! However, l have a 2.6 V6 24V Elite 2003 now - official spec Gold, but very much Silver to all. lt's lovely!

My pain is this, l've had this lovely since 2010 and as you can imagine l've spent quite a bit to keep it on the road especially lately. My usual mechanic was away. One of the others there recommended his friend to do some extensive work. To cut a very long story short, my lovely is not so good now. l've tried everything to get it put right to no avail. Okay, l have to move on now.

l've had the AA out, they now say that the camshaft is my problem and that it is the most likely reason for the rattling noise when l turn over the engine. lf this is true, is it also true, as what is being said to me, that this is the end of the car because it would mean taking the engine to pieces and in effect could be a write off? Also, it looks like there are no more trusted Omegas out there to buy.

Any help, all help - will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 April 2018, 11:35:15 »

If you think that the mechanic was responsible for your troubles, the answer is obvious - take it back to him for free repair.
If not, then then maybe speak to James (V6CDX), who knows a thing or two about Omegas. Sadly, he is quite a way from you, but an initial chat coulkd help.

Ron.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 April 2018, 11:54:19 »

Welcome  :)
What work did the non preferred "mechanic" do ?
change the cambelt ? 

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 April 2018, 15:00:08 »

Hola! Welcome to the forum :y

You will get a better response if you post your question in General Help. More people look in that section.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Omega Geezer

• Dorset
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 April 2018, 16:11:40 »

Well, thanks some more!

It would not benefit me now to take it back to the 'mechanic' who done the work. As for the mechanic who recommended him, he offered three times to put anything that was wrong right, even said he'd do it free of charge to cover his friend. I don't think he wanted his boss, who was away at the time, to find out that he recommended someone else outside of the garage to do the work. My feeling is that the boss knows something is amiss. The boss did come round and listened to the engine. He said he would come and collect the car. Nothing. l have made several attempts to get it fixed by the boss, his colleague and the friend. None of them want to know. l must move on.

The work was extensive because oil and water mixed and blew all over the place while l was driving. This was last year. To try and keep things brief here is some of the work done:
1. Both engine heads have been removed and skimmed
2. Gunk removed (although it had to be done again)
3. Oil cooler replaced
4. Replaced head gaskets, rocker cover gaskets (these blew again and have been replaced again), water
    heater valve
5. New cambelt kit

There are a few more things he said he'd done. He did not change the water pump as he said it was okay it is now leaking and water doesn't seem to be staying put. l have not driven the car since l first heard the rattling noise.

l will try to and see if l can move some of this stuff on here from this Newbie section to General Help as advised or else l'll have to write it all out again. l'm not too fast in typing so may be slower than most in replying.

Thanks guys.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 April 2018, 18:09:15 »

If Admin cannot move it for you, don't rewrite, copy and paste into a Word document (and edit it if you like), then copy and paste again, into a General Help post.
It sounds like the boss discovered what had happened and put pressure on those concerned to shut up and walk away from your problem, lest it reflected on his business. There's always thew Small Claims Court.....

Ron.

Omega Geezer

• Dorset
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 April 2018, 09:02:42 »

Hi to all who have replied so far and also to BigRon and Dave the Builder - Big Thanks. l've gone over to the General Help section. See you there. Omega Geezer.

migiestate

• Intermediate Member
  • Liverpool
    • 03 Omega 2.2 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 April 2018, 14:34:40 »

Hello and welcome to the forum  :y.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.