Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How people spend their Sunday  (Read 3574 times)

STEMO

How people spend their Sunday
« on: 15 April 2018, 18:38:15 »

Just been watching the news. Andrew Adonis is at a rally in Camden where folk are demanding another referendum after the terms of Brexit are thrashed out. 'We might decide to remain'. I saw two old ladies with tea cosy hats waving placards and a chap with a studded hat on, obviously to stop cosmic rays penetrating the........space between his ears. Nearly said brain there.  ;D
Then churchgoers in Salisbury having a service to 'symbolically reclaim' the city from the evil that has taken place in the last month.
Finally, Jeremy refusing to condemn Russia for the Salisbury poisoning until he sees 'irrefutable evidence'.

I mean, what people do with their Sundays is up to them, but they should try to do something constructive, useful, even pleasing.  :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: How people spend their Sunday
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2018, 18:40:17 »

I voted to remain but don't want a second referendum.

It wouldn't stop at two anyway.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 April 2018, 18:42:28 »

Just been watching the news. Andrew Adonis is at a rally in Camden where folk are demanding another referendum after the terms of Brexit are thrashed out. 'We might decide to remain'. I saw two old ladies with tea cosy hats waving placards and a chap with a studded hat on, obviously to stop cosmic rays penetrating the........space between his ears. Nearly said brain there.  ;D
Then churchgoers in Salisbury having a service to 'symbolically reclaim' the city from the evil that has taken place in the last month.
Finally, Jeremy refusing to condemn Russia for the Salisbury poisoning until he sees 'irrefutable evidence'.

I mean, what people do with their Sundays is up to them, but they should try to do something constructive, useful, even pleasing.  :-\

A morning shag.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 April 2018, 18:43:30 »

I spent a couple of hours on a litter pick of our local country park ..... collected tons of bottles, cans, etc ..... a baby's nappy (used  ???)   :y

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 15 April 2018, 18:44:38 »

A morning shag.
Does Mrs Opti consent to this, or do you do it while she's still asleep?  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 April 2018, 18:47:25 »

A morning shag.

Her sister and I feel no need to tell her. :)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 April 2018, 18:49:46 »

Studded hat is probably where they attach the electrodes for his "therapy".I'd have thought Jezza would be too busy tending the trees in his magic money tree orchard to do anything else ;D

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 15 April 2018, 18:50:39 »

A morning shag.

I see. So all of this happens before you wake up   ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 April 2018, 18:51:44 »

A morning shag.

I see. So all of this happens before you wake up   ;D

We  can all dream. ::) ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 April 2018, 20:31:17 »

Incontrovertible evidence was the term he used.  ::)  Same thing I know, but basically the old Marxist dosn't want to believe that the Ruskies did it!  ;)

Boris said that the Russians are demented, which is true, but that won't stop the Lefties getting all outraged at his terminology.  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 April 2018, 23:03:57 »

Planted one of my new cherry trees, so I was hoping that Lord Opti was out in his Jag to give it a feed. Started raining, so I will plant the second one next weekend.

Got a Marshall 15w practice amp yesterday, so I annoyed the neighbours with my beginner playing but learnt that plenty of gain and overdrive with reverb or delay hides a multitude of bad playing sins while giving my ears a good battering. ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 April 2018, 23:50:20 »

I've got a clarinet that I can't play, so maybe we could do a duet?  :-[

Ron.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16 April 2018, 00:03:59 »

Got a Marshall 15w practice amp yesterday, so I annoyed the neighbours with my beginner playing but learnt that plenty of gain and overdrive with reverb or delay hides a multitude of bad playing sins while giving my ears a good battering. ;D ;D ;D

you're not going to affect  many neighbours with such a weedy instrument. What you need for that is six tons of metal swinging over your(and theirs ;D ) head at 09:00 on a Sunday. Some of that metal has been in use for over 700 years, which means complaints are easily dealt with.

And when we're done, the other two towers start :y

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 April 2018, 08:38:37 »

I was at work relighting the Waterstones book store on site

keith ABS

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 16 April 2018, 09:25:06 »

How do I spend my Sundays ??

NOT hanging around here listening to you miserable buggers whine all day that's for certain  :P ;D ;D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.