Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Windrush  (Read 3884 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Windrush
« on: 18 April 2018, 18:40:09 »

This story has been quietly bubbling away in the background for weeks if not months now.  ::)

So why TF has the Home Office/Government not got to grips with this before now and allowed it to become a big political storm.  >:(

Although I don't think it's unreasonable to expect people to keep their documentation in order so that they are certain of their status, you'd think it would be fairly straight forward to check how long someone has lived here via HMRC, Dept of Work & Pensions, Health and Education records etc, and the Home Office could have sorted this quietly, efficiently, and above all humanely!  ::) 

Also I doubt it's unheard of for an elderly person to pitch up from Jamaica or India etc and claim that they have been here since the 1960's, but for once Diane Abbott is right!  :o 

Amber Rudderless should go.  >:(  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

Re: Windrush
« Reply #1 on: 18 April 2018, 19:07:05 »

Sorry, Diane Abbott is never right. This all started on TM's watch and Rudd has inherited the shit storm.

Diane Abbott right indeed. HA!  ;D

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 April 2018, 19:39:55 »

No surprise, most of what the government does (any complection of government) is a shambles: they couldn't organise a fart in a bean factory!
One thibg that did strike me. Labour crticiesed the government for taking so long before acting, yet in all of the intervening nearly 50 years, Labour had ample opportunity to do something about it themselves.
Do you think that politicians are hypocrites?

Ron.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2018, 20:24:32 »

The usual criminal level of sheer incompetence, and responded to in the usual fashion by everyone blaming everyone else.
A shower of shite, the lot of them. Heads should roll, but they wont.
Don't know how much responsibility Rudd should carry for this one, but in general, the woman is worse than useless.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 April 2018, 20:27:34 »

Unfortunately, Windrush could be applicable to the Boeing engine failure event. ???

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 April 2018, 21:03:35 »

Rudderless has been in charge of the Home Office for nearly 2 years now and while I accept that this is a mess not of her making, she has had ample time to sort it out.  ::)

That she hasn't and has allowed this issue to fester into the shit storm it is, means she should consider her position!  >:(

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 18 April 2018, 22:13:51 »

Rudderless has been in charge of the Home Office for nearly 2 years now and while I accept that this is a mess not of her making, she has had ample time to sort it out.  ::)

That she hasn't and has allowed this issue to fester into the shit storm it is, means she should consider her position!  >:(
Angry faces, always angry faces. Who actually gives a shit?  ;D

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 April 2018, 23:43:56 »

No surprise, most of what the government does (any complection of government) is a shambles: they couldn't organise a fart in a bean factory!
One thibg that did strike me. Labour crticiesed the government for taking so long before acting, yet in all of the intervening nearly 50 years, Labour had ample opportunity to do something about it themselves.
Do you think that politicians are hypocrites?

Ron.

In a word  . . . . YES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvDcJydVcHo

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 April 2018, 08:12:26 »

TM on being questioned about it said in the House that it came to light under Labours watch

Keith ABS

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 April 2018, 08:44:25 »

TM on being questioned about it said in the House that it came to light under Labours watch

Keith ABS

So the Tories have had 8 years to sort it out, but have done nothing or have done things to make the situation worse.  ::)

I have no problem with the so called 'hostile environment' for illegal immigrants, but it seems to me that the Home Office has been going after elderly people who are easy targets.  There was a lady deported to Singapore last year after living here for years with her British husband and had two adult children who were born and brought up here.  She had no family or friends there and arrived with a suitcase.  :(

Meanwhile in the news a few days ago (The Mail IIRC as the Guardian or BBC don't report such things) a Romanian man charged with rape skips bail in Romania and comes to the UK.  He is allowed in, but is later arrested under a European Arrest Warrant issued by the Romanian authorities as they want their man to face justice.  :y  The courts here reject the request to send him back as Romanian prisons don't come up to scratch and might breach his human rights!  They set him free and grant him leave to remain in the UK!  >:(

Make you proud to be British dosn't it?  ???
« Last Edit: 19 April 2018, 08:55:00 by Sir Tigger QC »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 April 2018, 09:24:23 »

Keith ABS

So the Tories have had 8 years to sort it out, but have done nothing or have done things to make the situation worse.  ::)

I have no problem with the so called 'hostile environment' for illegal immigrants, but it seems to me that the Home Office has been going after elderly people who are easy targets.  There was a lady deported to Singapore last year after living here for years with her British husband and had two adult children who were born and brought up here.  She had no family or friends there and arrived with a suitcase.  :(

Meanwhile in the news a few days ago (The Mail IIRC as the Guardian or BBC don't report such things) a Romanian man charged with rape skips bail in Romania and comes to the UK.  He is allowed in, but is later arrested under a European Arrest Warrant issued by the Romanian authorities as they want their man to face justice.  :y  The courts here reject the request to send him back as Romanian prisons don't come up to scratch and might breach his human rights!  They set him free and grant him leave to remain in the UK!  >:(

Thereby lies the problem. These officials are probably given targets in terms of the number they manage to deport each year hence the presumption of guilt. Old dears who have been here for years are easier to "process" than shifty Romanian criminals, so who do they go for to meet these targets? ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 April 2018, 10:09:24 »

Keith ABS

Thereby lies the problem. These officials are probably given targets in terms of the number they manage to deport each year hence the presumption of guilt. Old dears who have been here for years are easier to "process" than shifty Romanian criminals, so who do they go for to meet these targets? ::)

I think you are right there. I have mentioned before that my Mum came to Britain as a very young child from Canada  and lived there quite happily. Then a few years back,  returning from a day trip to Holland she was read the riot act at immigration and given a small set period of time to leave. It was at the time quite amusing apart from the fact that it was actually deadly serious. You could appeal BUT that would be heard AFTER you had left. She got the Telegraph involved and after that the officials magically sorted it. 
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 April 2018, 13:00:30 »

Probably the best chance we have ever had to deport Dianne Abbott ;D
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 April 2018, 19:05:58 »

Every cloud...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19 April 2018, 19:23:31 »

Every cloud...

Oh . . . . don't I (we) wish   ::)

Just what hold has she got on Corbyn that keeps her in her shadow cabinet job ? Maybe some juicy tales, or even some pictures   :D AAAaaargh the mind boggles. But seriously, who else would still be in the job after her constant hi-viz stupidity. Is he still givin' her one ?

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.