Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Young (ish) Omega ??  (Read 2888 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Young (ish) Omega ??
« on: 06 June 2018, 21:13:53 »

Lifted from the ABS site .. this is up for auction ...

https://stock.morrisleslie.com/stock/details?reg=T833JAJ

Looks pretty smart ...  :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Young (ish) Omega ??
« Reply #1 on: 06 June 2018, 21:43:27 »

A good looking car ..... doesn't look anything like an Astra G either  ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 June 2018, 21:44:07 »

Wrong gearbox for you :P
Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 June 2018, 21:50:29 »

Wrong gearbox for you :P
I was only looking at it ..... didn't want to drive it  :-*

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 June 2018, 22:04:29 »

What is this obsession with low miles all about ? Imo, it isn't good for a car to sit around not being used.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #5 on: 07 June 2018, 05:04:01 »

This is the car i posted on here about 10 days ago.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #6 on: 07 June 2018, 05:07:21 »

What is this obsession with low miles all about ? Imo, it isn't good for a car to sit around not being used.

I have always purchased 1 owner low mileage cars & never had any problems at all,bought my Merc almost  3 years ago with 30,000 miles with full history now on 38,000 & runs perfectly (model year 2000)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 June 2018, 09:17:56 »

Been on eBay as well.
Hoof'land storeman.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 June 2018, 21:35:32 »

I have always purchased 1 owner low mileage cars & never had any problems at all,bought my Merc almost  3 years ago with 30,000 miles with full history now on 38,000 & runs perfectly (model year 2000)

8k in 3 years is low mileage too though ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 June 2018, 21:51:46 »

Definately looks a stunner to me and probably the nearest anyone is able to get to a 'new' omega.low mileage cars may well suffer from various issues due to lack of use for sure but id take a low mileage immmaculate examlple anyday over a well used example.Even on a restored car its hard to recreate the factory tighness low mileage gives you .not to mention less wear on trim ,joints,seatsfoam,etc etc.providing the car has been looked after properly and not been parked in damp or on grass. Ive owned two super extreme low mileage cars over the years ,one which had never seen rain,was 25 years old and only covered 15000 miles. That car cost only twice what an equivalent 'normal' car would have cost and once i had sorted its slight issues it was virtually identical to brand new.im not looking for an omegs now as im happy with mine but if i was i eould have definately gone for it.
Two years ago i looked at a mint 50000 mile one owner cdx in a dark silver in telford that the garage had up for £3000. That car was virtually 'as new' i offered £2000 immediately to buy it there and then ,then £2500 but he would not budge on price and it sold shortly after.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #10 on: 09 June 2018, 10:50:20 »

Definately looks a stunner to me and probably the nearest anyone is able to get to a 'new' omega.low mileage cars may well suffer from various issues due to lack of use for sure but id take a low mileage immmaculate examlple anyday over a well used example.Even on a restored car its hard to recreate the factory tighness low mileage gives you .not to mention less wear on trim ,joints,seatsfoam,etc etc.providing the car has been looked after properly and not been parked in damp or on grass. Ive owned two super extreme low mileage cars over the years ,one which had never seen rain,was 25 years old and only covered 15000 miles. That car cost only twice what an equivalent 'normal' car would have cost and once i had sorted its slight issues it was virtually identical to brand new.im not looking for an omegs now as im happy with mine but if i was i eould have definately gone for it.
Two years ago i looked at a mint 50000 mile one owner cdx in a dark silver in telford that the garage had up for £3000. That car was virtually 'as new' i offered £2000 immediately to buy it there and then ,then £2500 but he would not budge on price and it sold shortly after.

At last someone who thinks along the same lines as me !
Do your homework & you can't go wrong.

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 June 2018, 17:12:57 »

I certainly do. With a pampered ultra low mileage car thats never seen rain or never been abused or possibly never even seen a motorway you will be getting the nearest thing to a new car.that blue omega by first impressions and pictures certainly looks to fall into that category.sure it may be rotten as hell underneath but i doubt it and no one would spend that amount of money on it without having a good check anyway.when i bought a ultra low mileage viva a few years back it needed a set of piston rings,an exhaust and tyres plus a standard service and full fluid change.one weeks work brought that car back to pristine condition. The guy who bought it off me had it 10 years and never had any issues with it.many people think a low mileage car will have loads of issues due to standing idle and yes they will but nothing thats unrepairable .

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 June 2018, 17:36:31 »

depends WHY a car is low mileage
if it's been started fortnightly ,and drove 50 miles at speed   8)
if it has been started daily,drives 1 mile but sat in traffic for an hour whilst doing that mile  :(

2boxerdogs

« Reply #13 on: 09 June 2018, 20:45:17 »

depends WHY a car is low mileage
if it's been started fortnightly ,and drove 50 miles at speed   8)
if it has been started daily,drives 1 mile but sat in traffic for an hour whilst doing that mile  :(

Quite an unlikely scenario 😀

2boxerdogs

« Reply #14 on: 09 June 2018, 20:54:26 »

I certainly do. With a pampered ultra low mileage car thats never seen rain or never been abused or possibly never even seen a motorway you will be getting the nearest thing to a new car.that blue omega by first impressions and pictures certainly looks to fall into that category.sure it may be rotten as hell underneath but i doubt it and no one would spend that amount of money on it without having a good check anyway.when i bought a ultra low mileage viva a few years back it needed a set of piston rings,an exhaust and tyres plus a standard service and full fluid change.one weeks work brought that car back to pristine condition. The guy who bought it off me had it 10 years and never had any issues with it.many people think a low mileage car will have loads of issues due to standing idle and yes they will but nothing thats unrepairable .

My Merc had all fluids & filters changed all 16 plugs changed  when I purchased it in November 2015 since then 2 oil changes Mobil 1 fully synthetic , 2 new tyres just to satisfy my OCD wanted all  tyres matching + new battery as I thought the original at 19 years old was getting sluggish ! Also had a custom stainless steel exhaust system fitted the original was perfect just wanted a better V8 growl . The car is never used for short journeys the shortest run is a 58 mile return journey to work always reach maximum legal speeds & performs perfectly has sailed through every MOT test since required.Has never in my ownership returned less than 26MPG the best being 31MPG on a run back from Wetherby Yorks.
« Last Edit: 09 June 2018, 21:00:35 by Tilbo »
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.