Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacing the Skoda..  (Read 9719 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Replacing the Skoda..
« Reply #75 on: 26 June 2018, 22:07:10 »

The 150/180/195 in 4x4 Sri guise is a pretty formidable B road blaster 8)
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 27 June 2018, 17:34:51 »

We took a trip to Skoda today to see if they'd consider a part ex against a much smaller car to basically shift the car to being L's (something like a Skoda CitiGo) - and they would, but only if I paid them an extra £2400 to take it off my hands...

Ho hum, seems like I might be keeping it till the end of the finance agreement and then looking for something to buy outright; facelift L320 RR Sport, another Ranger Wildtrak, something silly..

Finance, it's a mugs game  :-[ :D

These PCP deals may be tempting with their low APR but in essence they are equivalent to renting a house as opposed to buying one.

After 2 or 3 years  and some £10-£15000 later you own SFA.
If you catch it right, it can work.

Bro is just handing in his S Class in a couple of weeks. Lets ignore, for a moment, its a typical, crap Mercedes Benz. For what he paid over the lease term is far less than the depreciation on the car (not helped by the diesel shenanigans halfway through his lease).  Trouble is, they are getting wiser to the fact that the more expensive cars are not attracting sales in 2nd hand market, so doesn't work for the leasing companies, and prices have started to increase on those.
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 27 June 2018, 17:47:28 »

We took a trip to Skoda today to see if they'd consider a part ex against a much smaller car to basically shift the car to being L's (something like a Skoda CitiGo) - and they would, but only if I paid them an extra £2400 to take it off my hands...

Ho hum, seems like I might be keeping it till the end of the finance agreement and then looking for something to buy outright; facelift L320 RR Sport, another Ranger Wildtrak, something silly..

Finance, it's a mugs game  :-[ :D

These PCP deals may be tempting with their low APR but in essence they are equivalent to renting a house as opposed to buying one.

After 2 or 3 years  and some £10-£15000 later you own SFA.
If you catch it right, it can work.

Bro is just handing in his S Class in a couple of weeks. Lets ignore, for a moment, its a typical, crap Mercedes Benz. For what he paid over the lease term is far less than the depreciation on the car (not helped by the diesel shenanigans halfway through his lease).  Trouble is, they are getting wiser to the fact that the more expensive cars are not attracting sales in 2nd hand market, so doesn't work for the leasing companies, and prices have started to increase on those.

I hear the boss of Audi cars has been arrested. :) :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.