Chat Area > General Car Chat

Zafira Engine Vibration

(1/6) > >>

Jimbob:
my Z19DTH Zafira's engine is shaking a bit, when idling, which is transmitted to the cabin, and is annoying.
It was there before Exhaust fell off, and Clutch leaked and got replaced.  Its still there now, and I think its worse.

Following an unrelated noise which has been resolved by the garage who did the clutch (tightening something) they advised engine mounts shot, so Ive added powerflex inserts to them, which has changed the noise, and supported the engine much better.  Does seem to transmit the vibration more though.

Following a good look, Ive noticed the below - Injection Quantity Deviation seems to show a possible injector issue

I beleive the 1st 2 arent far enough out to worry about, and I think no4 with the minus figure is the ecu trying to even out from cyl3.

So what to do?
Is some sort of fuel system / injector cleaner worth a shot?
Or should I chuck another one on?  Think Ive got one in the spares pile, but no idea on the procedure to change?  gather i need to program its number in too?

Or any other ideas?

tigers_gonads:
How many miles has it done ?
Try cleaner but if that doesn't work it might be worth pulling the injectors and getting them ultrasonically cleaned and the pin re ground if you have anybody around there reasonable  :-\

Doctor Gollum:
The inserts won't help NVH any, and whilst they do reinforce the original mounts, if those are shot, then the inserts won't do much...

Renew the mounts and fit the inserts to these and report back.

Jimbob:
Car is at 145000 now.

tigers_gonads:

--- Quote from: Jimbob on 09 July 2018, 21:23:03 ---Car is at 145000 now.

--- End quote ---

Might be worth getting a price  :-\

My old man did a set on his old 1700 VX diesel Astra van with 155K on because it was running like a sack of shite.

Totally cured it  :y

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version