Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Monza F1, may contain spoilers  (Read 4358 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Monza F1, may contain spoilers
« Reply #30 on: 11 September 2018, 15:04:59 »

I very much doubt Leclerc will be allowed to beat Vettel. The team is built around Vettel. I can only imagine he has been convinced to look at the longer term, as Vettel may well retire in the not too distant future.
Ocon,  has a problem as he is a Toto Woolf / Mercedes protégé and non Mercedes engine teams don't want him on a short term contract until he gets a Mercedes contract.
McLaren and Red  Bull have both said this ruled him out of their considerations for their drivers for next year.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11 September 2018, 17:08:29 »

I very much doubt Leclerc will be allowed to beat Vettel. The team is built around Vettel. I can only imagine he has been convinced to look at the longer term, as Vettel may well retire in the not too distant future.
Ocon,  has a problem as he is a Toto Woolf / Mercedes protégé and non Mercedes engine teams don't want him on a short term contract until he gets a Mercedes contract.
McLaren and Red  Bull have both said this ruled him out of their considerations for their drivers for next year.

I think that could change though, they've given him the fastest car overall this season.

He binned it in Germany all on his own, he is throwing away the title this year.

I think there are doubts in the red team, that he is their main driver.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11 September 2018, 17:31:47 »

Well it is an inponderable as it assumes Leclerc will be quick out of the box. How would theystp him outqualfying  Vettel and thus leading the race?  For sure at that stage they could instruct him to let Vettel be by. Bring on next year .

Agree re Ocon. Be a shame if he doesnt get a drive though.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11 September 2018, 19:52:00 »

Vettel has the reputation of a four time world champion. That kind of kudos takes a long time to dim in F1.
If Leclerc obviously outdrives him regularly as Riciardo did, then that will do the trick but it will take time. From Ferraris point of view at the moment, the only reason to give Vettel the cold shoulder would be if Hamilton jumped ship to drive for them and that aint going to happen in the next couple of years.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.