Chat Area > General Car Chat

Car shopping

(1/55) > >>

Jimbob:
Looking to replace the Zafira.

Had a wander around the local car supermarket today, and cam up with the following ideas, in choice order....

Skoda Superb
Mazda 6
Toyata Avensis

Any thoughts, or pearls of wisdom on any of these?  Not got as far as researching them in depth yet, or even driving them.
All under 3 years old, and latest shapes of each.

Doctor Gollum:
If you must give up, at least consider an Avensis Verso. In brown.

Joking aside, a three year old Superb was probably a taxi... Scottish reg will be a big clue and will be a risk out of warranty.

The Mazda will look shiny but don't expect to get three years out of it before it needs welding.

The Avensis is probably the only sane choice of the three.

Alternatively, buy something nice for less.

2boxerdogs:
Avoid the Mazda , I had one from new a few years back terrible rust problems after a short while shame because mechanically 100 percent reliable.

STEMO:

--- Quote from: Tilbo on 07 September 2018, 19:45:48 ---Avoid the Mazda , I had one from new a few years back terrible rust problems after a short while shame because mechanically 100 percent reliable.

--- End quote ---
I'm surprised at that. Back in the day, Japanese cars like Datsuns were not known to rust.  ;D

2boxerdogs:

--- Quote from: STEMO on 07 September 2018, 19:49:30 ---
--- Quote from: Tilbo on 07 September 2018, 19:45:48 ---Avoid the Mazda , I had one from new a few years back terrible rust problems after a short while shame because mechanically 100 percent reliable.

--- End quote ---
I'm surprised at that. Back in the day, Japanese cars like Datsuns were not known to rust.  ;D

--- End quote ---

When I had my Terracan rustproofed at Rustbusters in Spalding I asked in their opinion what were the best & worst cars for rust best were VW worst were Land Rover & Mazda they reckon Mazda we worse than Lancia , who had terrible problems a few years back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version