Chat Area > General Discussion Area

Broken Smartphone Screen

(1/5) > >>

Andy H:
Has anyone on here got experience of replacing the glass on a Samsung Galaxy S5?

I imagine that it is one of those tasks that is fairly straightforward once you have done a couple.....

tunnie:
Is it worth it on an S5? Not much more to bin it and get S6?

Andy H:
I own an S5. It still works. I have a new screen glass waiting to be fitted.

How much will an S6 cost me? Is the S6 the one that isn't splash/water proof?

Rods2:
If you are doing it yourself, get a good set of tools for the small screws, screen puller and other useful things like tweezers, connector plastic spatula etc and watch several youtube videos. For multiple connectors make a careful note of the connector order and make sure that the screen reassemble order is setup correctly.

If the glass has to be separated from the screen & touch sensor where they are glued/screwed together, the tape with supplied with the Chinese pattern part will be a poor substitute, which is why I prefer to use a slightly more expensive complete screen assembly.

Andy H:
Thanks Rods
I have tools (and the screen came with a selection ). I didn't buy a complete screen and sensor assembly for the reason aluded to by Tunnie.

The bit I expect to have most trouble with is separating the broken glass from the screen and sensor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version