Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

In the Major Service deep end again

(1/23) > >>

Lizzie Zoom:
I have a 3.2 with individual power packs across 3 spark plugs on each bank. I need urgently one of the rubber sleeves that go on top of each plug.  Anyone get a spare please?

I need that as I did what so many have recommended I should do; carryout my own servicing again to save money away from using the Vx dealer. So I swollowed my pride, and have done what I said I wouldn't do in my "wishbone" post ;D

Trouble is as I was closing up one bank of plugs the rubber sleeve disappeared, and that was after everything that could go wrong did go wrong!!  It started so well with the oil and filter change going ever so smoothly, although the first odd thing or two was that the Allen key I had to use on the sump plug, and the socket on the oil filter housing, was Imperial sizes; never encountered that before on my previous miggies! :D

Anyway, if anyone can send me a spare rubber sleeve please PM for my address and costs. :y

Many thanks :-* ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
Where did the rubber sleeve disappear to ? Did it run away ? disappear into the engine bay  ? Im confused.  ??? ;D

Sir Tigger KC:
Hopefully not into the cylinder!  :-X  ;D

dave the builder:
Do you mean the rubber boot that goes on one of the spark plugs (3 stick out the coil pack , black rubber with a spring in ) ?
i've a spare coil pack that i could remove a boot from ,if that is all you need ?
free post for you ,so long as it's your UK address ,not airmail to Malta  ;)
could get it on the mail stage coach Wednesday
unless someone else is quicker or local to you  :-\

I bet Bigron will offer,just to get your UK address ,so he can pay you a late night visit  :-X as you know ,I have an ultra rare star silver 3 omega ,so ,have no need to steal your lovely v̶a̶u̶x̶h̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶p̶i̶n̶k̶ red one  ;)

Lizzie Zoom:

--- Quote from: dave the builder on 24 September 2018, 19:30:22 ---Do you mean the rubber boot that goes on one of the spark plugs (3 stick out the coil pack , black rubber with a spring in ) ?
i've a spare coil pack that i could remove a boot from ,if that is all you need ?
free post for you ,so long as it's your UK address ,not airmail to Malta  ;)
could get it on the mail stage coach Wednesday
unless someone else is quicker or local to you  :-\

I bet Bigron will offer,just to get your UK address ,so he can pay you a late night visit  :-X as you know ,I have an ultra rare star silver 3 omega ,so ,have no need to steal your lovely v̶a̶u̶x̶h̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶p̶i̶n̶k̶ red one  ;)

--- End quote ---

Thanks Dave, you're a star coming to a damsels distress! :D :-* :-* :y

I'll pm my real address ;D ;D ;D

Thanks again  :-* :-* :y

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version