Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Trip to the dentist.  (Read 4142 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Trip to the dentist.
« Reply #15 on: 27 September 2018, 17:49:16 »

Best of luck Opti!! :o :o :o

Teeth can be a real problem, and like you have I had to lose some.  Not good.

The dental plates are horrible, so I have tried the ones you mention that clip into the teeth either side.  But that became uncomfortable and in the end I gave up on it!! ::) ::) ::)

You have the right idea in having implants, but the wallet will suffer!  Still, you Lord are such a rich bugger you can afford it ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

All the best with it and hope the treatment does not hurt too much :-* :-* :-* :y

A dental bridge is far more sophisticated and expensive than an old-fashioned denture that goes in a glass at night, Lizzie. Around £1500-£2500 for a three unit bridge. They are available on Band 3 of the NHS for £256........but in reality the NHS will not offer this course of treatment as it is too costly. People are either forced to pay privately or take the denture option. :-\

Yes, I had the dental bridge small type and it cost about £415. It was flexible and fitted well first of all.  Stopped using for a couple of weeks and I just went off of it.  Never actually had one of the old fashioned plates myself, as only old people had those I thought( ;D ;D) but I know I would gag on one if I did, like I used to on my teeth brace when I was 7. :D ;)

Dental bridge is permanent Lizzie and can't be removed unless broken. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Ah, right!  I obviously didn't know that. So they are different from implants? ??? :)

The crown part is the same but with a dental bridge it is cemented over an existing tooth that has been filed down. With a dental implant the tooth is removed and replaced with a screw that fits into the jaw.The new crown is then screwed into the metal implant.

Thanks Opti for the explanation.  I learn something new everyday! :D :D :-* :-* :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27 September 2018, 17:50:17 »

How about a bit of health tourism.?

A few years back a family member came to Spain for similar dental work. Even with flights it was cheaper. Prices are somewherebetween nhs and rip off uk private.

I've considered this but I would need to make three or four trips.........so not really cost effective.

Hire a villa with a pool Opti! Do what some expats do! :D :D :D :-* ;)

Good excuse for a long break from Brexit talk! ;D ;D

You'll come and keep me company, Lizzie?....... :-* :-* :-* :-*

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 September 2018, 18:10:37 »

https://youtu.be/bOtMizMQ6oM

Lucky I'm not squeamish. ;D

As a kid the dentist used gas which was not nice. :-\ 

Parents not allowed in the room even though I was only seven or eight years old. I can still recall the smell of the rubber mask and the hissing gas as the dentist pinned you down until you stopped struggling. :)

Character building, apparently. :)
Rubber mask mmm :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27 September 2018, 18:18:17 »

A few years back a family member came to Spain for similar dental work. Even with flights it was cheaper. Prices are somewherebetween nhs and rip off uk private.

I've considered this but I would need to make three or four trips.........so not really cost effective.

Hire a villa with a pool Opti! Do what some expats do! :D :D :D :-* ;)

You'll come and keep me company, Lizzie?....... :-* :-* :-* :-*

Yep, no problem!  I'm one of those weird women who love going to the dentist (especially when the dentist is handsome!) as I have a high pain threshold and never feel a thing. ;D ;)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27 September 2018, 18:34:24 »

Hire a villa with a pool Opti!  Do what some expats do! :D :D :D :-* ;)

Just as bad, if not worse here. A million Folk panicking over not knowing what happens regarding (free) healthcare.  never gets a mention in good old Uk just the cheap workers to keep prices down in UK
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27 September 2018, 18:47:11 »

As I am considering the same, you may be interested in this letter I had from a friend on the subject.:

I went to Budapest with Hungarian British Medical Services and went out paying for my own flight and hotel.  They picked me up and took me to the practice and I was very impressed.  For your interest on this visit I also visited 2 other practices and they were all as good - up to date equipment and very clean and tidy premises and surgeries.  I chose BHMS because they all spoke English and they changed the TV in Reception to English :)

There is a 3 month period without teeth after extraction so the gums can heal before implants can be put in. 

Dr Halasz performed the actual implants with other dental surgeons working with him.  They were all very good.

Their web site is http://www.cosmeticdentistry.hu/ and if you have a look at this you will find all the information about both London Dental Practice and Hungary.  The London Dental opened because they are able to do consultations for Budapest providing both quotations and/or treatment.  I went there for annual checkups which one must have to keep the guarantees on the implants/teeth.  Unlike UK they offer a range of Implants - in honesty I cannot actually see what can go wrong except for infection in gum.

London Dental also put the healing screws in about 2 weeks before the actual crowns/bridge was fitted

There is a button on the website for Prices.  If you get the UK to quote you then know what you are looking at saving.

Chill Blaski was the UK representative who I also had contact with by telephone.  I actually spoke direct with Budapest to arrange things so I could do flights.  I would fly out on Sunday and met at airport by their driver and taken to Opera Gardens Hotel which is also within the BHMS group and you get a very good discount - they also know all about dental eating requirements. http://www.operagardenhotel.hu/  promo film https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhbLp5mGldM  currently 11 of 333 hotels in Budapest.

Treatment was on Monday’s and when fitting crowns etc checking on Wednesdays and Fitted Fridays before flying home.

:y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 27 September 2018, 19:00:09 »

As I am considering the same, you may be interested in this letter I had from a friend on the subject.:

I went to Budapest with Hungarian British Medical Services and went out paying for my own flight and hotel.  They picked me up and took me to the practice and I was very impressed.  For your interest on this visit I also visited 2 other practices and they were all as good - up to date equipment and very clean and tidy premises and surgeries.  I chose BHMS because they all spoke English and they changed the TV in Reception to English :)

There is a 3 month period without teeth after extraction so the gums can heal before implants can be put in

Dr Halasz performed the actual implants with other dental surgeons working with him.  They were all very good.

Their web site is http://www.cosmeticdentistry.hu/ and if you have a look at this you will find all the information about both London Dental Practice and Hungary.  The London Dental opened because they are able to do consultations for Budapest providing both quotations and/or treatment.  I went there for annual checkups which one must have to keep the guarantees on the implants/teeth.  Unlike UK they offer a range of Implants - in honesty I cannot actually see what can go wrong except for infection in gum.

London Dental also put the healing screws in about 2 weeks before the actual crowns/bridge was fitted

There is a button on the website for Prices.  If you get the UK to quote you then know what you are looking at saving.

Chill Blaski was the UK representative who I also had contact with by telephone.  I actually spoke direct with Budapest to arrange things so I could do flights.  I would fly out on Sunday and met at airport by their driver and taken to Opera Gardens Hotel which is also within the BHMS group and you get a very good discount - they also know all about dental eating requirements. http://www.operagardenhotel.hu/  promo film https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhbLp5mGldM  currently 11 of 333 hotels in Budapest.

Treatment was on Monday’s and when fitting crowns etc checking on Wednesdays and Fitted Fridays before flying home.

Interesting.

The dentist I spoke with today said the metal screwed implants would be fitted shortly after the teeth were extracted. These are screwed deep down. They are then packed with 'bone graft' material and covered up for about 3 months before the crown (new tooth) in fitted.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 27 September 2018, 19:07:37 »

A quick google suggest that 'bone graft material' can be cow, synthetic, cadaver. :)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 27 September 2018, 19:13:31 »

A quick google suggest that 'bone graft material' can be cow, synthetic, cadaver. :)

Let's hope he uses an accurate torque wrench when tightening it too. :o
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 27 September 2018, 19:18:08 »

Let's hope he uses an accurate torque wrench when tightening it too. :o

I think for that process it is an impact driver.  Relatively painless after the first ten minutes or when you come round. ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 27 September 2018, 19:38:15 »

There is a 3 month period without teeth after extraction so the gums can heal before implants can be put in

Interesting.

The dentist I spoke with today said the metal screwed implants would be fitted shortly after the teeth were extracted. These are screwed deep down. They are then packed with 'bone graft' material and covered up for about 3 months before the crown (new tooth) in fitted.

I hope you have stocked up on loads of soup Opti ::) ;D :-*

STEMO

« Reply #26 on: 27 September 2018, 19:51:09 »

Where there's no sense..there's no feeling.  ;D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 27 September 2018, 20:00:13 »

I,ve had a bridge as a replacement for my front teeth for over twenty years, (as dentures kept breaking due to shape of roof of my mouth. That included a tianium one too. :o)  Anyway, have had no problems with them. You just have to be careful when you bite hard food. :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 27 September 2018, 20:18:43 »

You could get them done in Thailand and find yourself a nice ladyboy to hold your hand while you are there.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 27 September 2018, 20:30:14 »

Chap I used to work with had his done in India... Tied it in with a couple of decent holidays :y
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.