Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Time to leave the forum.  (Read 8340 times)

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • vauxhall omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
Re: Time to leave the forum.
« Reply #15 on: 28 September 2018, 22:24:01 »

Bugger about the job but glad you are both ok, sorry for the curious question but did the airbags go off ? I've always wondered about the bags on older cars that's all
No mate the air bags did not go off,the car hit the plinth in between the front and back door but mainly the back door(passenger side).If that makes any sense.BTW the dvla site says the other car is not due an mot till 2020,does that mean its not yet 3 years old.Police were there so she must be legal.Dean.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 September 2018, 22:25:38 »

Good to have some metal around you. Some cars are scarily vulnerable.

Glad to hear all is well healthwise. Bummer about the job.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 September 2018, 22:46:37 »

Good to have some metal around you. Some cars are scarily vulnerable.

Glad to hear all is well healthwise. Bummer about the job.
Funny you should say that Varche,the wife and i were just talking.The other car is a vauxhall meriva and she hit us on the back pass door,but after the smash.My car was 45 degrees to the left, so she must have been going quite fast to turn a 2 tone car.Dean.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29 September 2018, 00:23:54 »

Although bad mate, things will look better in the morning, stay with the forum, you know it makes sense :y
Laying a rubber road.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 September 2018, 07:37:08 »

Just been re-reading some of this,bit rough the job going down the tubes too.Who valued the Omega at £100? even weighed in for scrap they fetch more than that so as a "going concern"which it obviously was or you wouldn't have been driving it it's got to be worth more surely?

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 September 2018, 09:27:00 »

I've had £75 for a pair of washer jets off an elite so £100 for the whole car is taking the P*ss , keep the car and scrap it yourself if you can 
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 September 2018, 10:51:02 »

Just been re-reading some of this,bit rough the job going down the tubes too.Who valued the Omega at £100? even weighed in for scrap they fetch more than that so as a "going concern"which it obviously was or you wouldn't have been driving it it's got to be worth more surely?
When i looked for  insurance for it, the more i said it was worth the higher the quote.Even when i said i paid £400 for it the premium was astronomical,and i could not afford it.So i just said £100 even then the price was £370 for the year. :( Dean.

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 September 2018, 10:58:00 »

I've had £75 for a pair of washer jets off an elite so £100 for the whole car is taking the P*ss , keep the car and scrap it yourself if you can
Its not possible to keep the car as its in bits.No roof 2 doors missing bonnet damaged and lots of other thing the fire brigade did to it.The insurance are picking it up from the recovery place to take it somewhere to be assessed,they will write it off so how can i scrap it myself.Dean.

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 September 2018, 11:05:03 »

BTW Does anyone know if i can inform the dvla it is written off,before it is officially written off by the insurance company.As it is due to be taxed tomorrow 30th they say i have to inform them or receive a fine.Dean.

STEMO

« Reply #24 on: 29 September 2018, 11:12:36 »

BTW Does anyone know if i can inform the dvla it is written off,before it is officially written off by the insurance company.As it is due to be taxed tomorrow 30th they say i have to inform them or receive a fine.Dean.
Just go on to the site where you usually tax it and declare it SORN for now.

https://www.gov.uk/make-a-sorn
Or phone them, there's a phone number on there.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29 September 2018, 11:29:19 »

I believe that you can buy the car back for pennies from the insurance company, if only you had room to store/work on the bits. Another downside is actually having the car back, reminding you of the trauma of the accident.....

Ron.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 September 2018, 11:34:27 »

I believe that you can buy the car back for pennies from the insurance company, if only you had room to store/work on the bits. Another downside is actually having the car back, reminding you of the trauma of the accident.....

Ron.
They won't allow that if the roof has been cut off... Be a Cat B at best and more likely a Cat A. If A then that's crush only... No way on the planet it will be returned.

Also if under insured your unlikely to see much back, but you need to be claiming off the third party insurer, not yours.

I scrapped my 2.2 estate for £183 to give you an idea of value.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 29 September 2018, 11:36:15 »

I know it wont be your priority at the moment, but it sounds like your wife is in hospital injured due to the other drivers fault.
When things have calmed down a bit, make sure she initiates an injury claim against the other driver. If you have aches & pains etc. then you do the same thing.
Seems you lost the chance of a job through this, so don't lose any sleep over taking their insurance company for every penny you can get.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29 September 2018, 11:47:33 »

I know it wont be your priority at the moment, but it sounds like your wife is in hospital injured due to the other drivers fault.
When things have calmed down a bit, make sure she initiates an injury claim against the other driver. If you have aches & pains etc. then you do the same thing.
Seems you lost the chance of a job through this, so don't lose any sleep over taking their insurance company for every penny you can get.

^This!^  :y

As Albs said, not only should you go after the other persons insurance for your car, but loss of earnings and injuries to you both. Especially your wife, as she's ended up in hospital through the other persons (assumed) negligence.  :y

Did you have legal cover with your insurance?  ???  If so use that and they will manage your claim, and will do their best to take the other persons insurance company to the cleaners.  If not consider getting a solicitor or claims management company to manage the claim on a no win no fee basis.  :y

With respect Dean I think you need professional help to guide you through this, and achieve the best outcome for you and Mrs Moggy.  :y
« Last Edit: 29 September 2018, 11:51:59 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29 September 2018, 12:46:35 »

Ron.
They won't allow that if the roof has been cut off... Be a Cat B at best and more likely a Cat A. If A then that's crush only... No way on the planet it will be returned.

Also if under insured your unlikely to see much back, but you need to be claiming off the third party insurer, not yours.

I scrapped my 2.2 estate for £183 to give you an idea of value.
Without going in to to much detail,the accident was my fault.Basically i pulled out of a junction looked right clear,concentrating on the slip road in front.I pulled out only glancing to my left sun in my eyes,did not see the other car coming from the left.So its my fault as the other driver had right of way,its a funny junction where you cross to the middle you should then stop and look left.I didn't. :( :-[ Dean.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.