Chat Area > General Car Chat

Start stop Ford Fiesta

(1/4) > >>

Varche:
My dad has a new ( well it now has approx. 10 months on it) Ford Fiesta 1.1 manual. Lots of short journeys of up to five miles at a time. He has the air con on, heated windscreen, heated seat and heated steering wheel and why not.

The stop start has stopped working . Took it back to the dealer and they fobbed him off with thermo something or other. Now I could understand a car having an override if the outside temp is cold and you have the heating on and you haven't gone very far for the override to say " disable stop start until....

However  a quick search of the Internet shows up multiple other folk having similar problems.

I suspect his battery, whilst man enough to always start the car, may be struggling to provide the right voltage for electronic kit like Stop Start. Does that sound reasonable?

Like I have always thought these gadget rich cars will be a nightmare in ten years time

BazaJT:
Afaik the stop/start will be automatically disabled if the battery charge drops below a certain[70% rings a bell]value so it could well be that.I forget now what recall there are for the Fiesta or if they only applied to certain engines.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:

--- Quote from: BazaJT on 04 November 2018, 17:07:25 ---Afaik the stop/start will be automatically disabled if the battery charge drops below a certain[70% rings a bell]value so it could well be that.I forget now what recall there are for the Fiesta or if they only applied to certain engines.

--- End quote ---

Yep.

Anyway stop/start is a pain in the arse and saves SFA in petrol.

I switch it off.

TPMS is another of those things we don't need, and spends most of it's time sending incorrect error messages. TPMS is the solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Shackeng:
I have it on the Mundano, works well, don't see a problem with it. It does'nt work all the time for whatever reason, but it certainly does not affect getaway from lights etc. Starts quicker than I can. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:

--- Quote from: Shackeng on 04 November 2018, 17:31:59 ---I have it on the Mundano, works well, don't see a problem with it. It does'nt work all the time for whatever reason, but it certainly does not affect getaway from lights etc. Starts quicker than I can. :)

--- End quote ---

It is quick to react but it's 'petrol saving ability' is unproven......at least it was when I tried a 'with it' and 'without it' test.

Also, I'm not sure it's a good idea to be starting and stopping the engine every few seconds. Must put a strain on something or other.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version