Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Child Seat Detector

(1/6) > >>

VXL V6:
Can this be disabled? Can't find a definitive answer.

Airbag light keeps illuminating and the code refers to this module. Can the appropriate connection be removed and the CSD option be disabled? Plenty of Elites around without the CSD so surely there must be a programming option on the ECU?

Really don't want to get into dismantling the seat on this car if I can help it.

Doctor Gollum:
Compare airbag ecu part numbers across your fleet...

If all the same then hopefully a simple tech 2 job. If no, then you might need to Improvise.

Not sure when, but if I get a chance I'll see if the wiring diagrams shed any light on it...

What year is it?

VXL V6:
Registration is 02.

I know you can fit a seat with a CSD to a vehicle that isn't set up for it and it works without issue  :-\

pompilius:
Hello!
I had a similar problem with the child seat detector, which turned the airbag light on. I was under the impression, that airbag controller can be programmed only once, so I just got another from a car without this option. I did receive one without the person detection option however, so had to disconnect the big yellow plug under the passenger seat.
The airbag controller lives under the armrest, takes some torx screws to get it out.
Rainer

TheBoy:
I don't think it can be programmed out once enabled.

SRS ECUs must be two-a-penny now. Just pop anther in (after removing cable for the sensor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version