Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1.500 miles tour planed next week with my old sedan  (Read 1878 times)

Zirfeld

• Intermediate Member
  • Lahr/Germany
    • 2.0/16V Saloon+Estate
    • View Profile
1.500 miles tour planed next week with my old sedan
« on: 18 December 2018, 19:11:23 »

Hi Folks

Next week (starting Dec. 27. early in the morning) i will start a great German round course wit my old estate (290.000 km on the counter)

I will start here in Lahr, deep down southwest. First stop will be near Cologne. I like to have a new job. My absolute dream Job.

If i get it, it is the reason for the party of the year. If i get it not, i need some help of my friends. So anyway, best is, go to Bremen, my hometown. Party or some help to get through....there are my old friends.

After that i like to visit Berlin again. I lived there for several years and there i meat my wife. I like to visit some magic places. Of course all that was yesterday. My wife died in August. But i like to see and feel Berlin again.

Rolf
« Last Edit: 18 December 2018, 19:23:25 by Zirfeld »
I am not forced to drive an old Omega. I simply like it.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: 1.500 miles tour planed next week with my old sedan
« Reply #1 on: 18 December 2018, 19:15:24 »

Drive safe and good luck  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 December 2018, 19:24:22 »

Have a good trip and good luck  :y

Zirfeld

• Intermediate Member
  • Lahr/Germany
    • 2.0/16V Saloon+Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 December 2018, 19:38:38 »

Thank you Doc Gollum and VXL V6

The car is absolutely fit. New cam belt in April, new breaks, front and rear suspension overhauled, oil change.. and many more. I like my old Caravan. I did it all by myself. He is not a beauty, but a real good friend on the road.

Rolf
« Last Edit: 18 December 2018, 19:43:45 by Zirfeld »

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 December 2018, 20:18:06 »

I wish you a great trip on your wonderful German roads, Zirfeld. I recall with affection my high speed drive from Dieppe to Berlin in a Senator 24 valve, while my family flew there. I was keen to see the canal lifts at Henrichenberg, Niederfinow and Scharnebeck, so took my car. After the congested and restricted roads in England, the journey was a joy.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #5 on: 18 December 2018, 20:44:47 »

Enjoy your trip & hope your car serves you well , good luck with the job hope everything works out well for you .

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 December 2018, 20:56:42 »

Hope you have a good trip. Let us know how you get on.  1500 miles? About 750 euros of fuel. :-[

Good luck with getting the new job. Fingers crossed as we Brits say.

We are planning a drive around Europe when circumstances allow. We have been to Germany before including the Black Forest. 40 years ago. Still places on our list to see in your country.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 December 2018, 23:07:42 »

Have a good trip  :y

Some years back I took my trusty steed, 2.2 LPG Omega from London to Austria. Did it no problems, not bad for at the time 14 year old barge, with 160k miles.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 December 2018, 00:10:39 »

Enjoy the trip Rolf.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Zirfeld

• Intermediate Member
  • Lahr/Germany
    • 2.0/16V Saloon+Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 December 2018, 07:08:36 »

Hi Varche

Were did you travel in the Black Forest? I live at the edge of the Black Forest north of Freiburg.

750 € fuel? :o

I think something around 300 is real. Flixbus is cheaper, but it takes one day to get to Cologne. So i have to stay in a Hotel 2 nights.
So it is cheaper to ride the Omega.

My dream is to ride the Baltic Sea Circle in summer. A couple of maniacs do that every year. All cars must be 20 years or older  :D

aaronjb

« Reply #10 on: 19 December 2018, 08:58:30 »

Enjoy the road trip, Rofl!

I was in Berlin a couple of months ago and it's a lovely place - I'm glad I (finally) visited, though I do wish we had made it in the 1980s so I could see the change between then and now (long story short, we did try to visit several times, but each time my father received permission he - coincidentally, I'm sure - was sent on deployment and the holiday got cancelled).

Zirfeld

• Intermediate Member
  • Lahr/Germany
    • 2.0/16V Saloon+Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 December 2018, 11:35:19 »

Yes it is a beautiful City, because it has so many different faces. You will find anything there. Big city and large forests, nightlife til morning  and lakes.  You can have party in the clubs and in the summertime you can go swimming on your way home 6 a clock in the morning. Everything is just around the corner. I lived in Berlin for some years during the late 90s. Found my wife there.

So it will be a journey into the past.

Of course i will visit my mother. She is still living in Berlin.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 December 2018, 14:38:58 »

I worked in Berlin a few years ago and found it a fascinating city, as although the wall was long gone you could tell instantly when you passed from East to West and vice versa.  I expect though as the years roll by the differences are becoming ever more blurred.  :)

Hope you enjoy your road trip Rolf and good luck with your job hunt.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Zirfeld

• Intermediate Member
  • Lahr/Germany
    • 2.0/16V Saloon+Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 December 2018, 16:30:20 »

THX Sir Tigger

In the 90s i worked for Thorens and Thorens bought a DDR company in Hohenschoenhausen (East Berlin) to set it up to manufacture of CD players and amplifiers. At DDR times the company build observation equipment for the Stasi. The Stasi jail was around the corner. Thorens sent me there to set up the quality control.

It was very strange for me as a wessi to work there, because the Berlin management was complete taken from old Stasi members. They still had a road map in their office with West Berlin cutted out.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 December 2018, 18:57:58 »

Hi Varche

Were did you travel in the Black Forest? I live at the edge of the Black Forest north of Freiburg.

750 € fuel? :o

I think something around 300 is real. Flixbus is cheaper, but it takes one day to get to Cologne. So i have to stay in a Hotel 2 nights.
So it is cheaper to ride the Omega.

My dream is to ride the Baltic Sea Circle in summer. A couple of maniacs do that every year. All cars must be 20 years or older  :D

I was a being facetious  with the 750 euros. In my Omega days I used to have to fill up every time I went out!

Just had a conversation with Mrs V and our German travels have predicatably been West Germany but not the Northern Part. From Essen down to and including Freiburg (lovely place). Explored the Mosel valley, the Rhein of course (stayed in some hotels that had marks on the walls inside with the dates of the floods......, the Kolner Dom ( sorry no umlauts on my keyboard), the Main ( I went on an exchange student trip fifty years ago to Sprendlingham and kept in touch till about 15 years ago. The Neckar valley - loved Heidelberg. Baden Baden . Our Black forest tour was as follows Freiburg, Furtwangen, Triberg, Villingen, Donaueschingen, Titisee, Todtnau, St BlasienWaldshut, Bad Sackingen, Wehr, Lorrach, Kandern, Badenweiler, Sulzburg and back to Freiberg im Breisgau.

How do I remember in such detail! Well we bought tours of France and tours of Germany 1992 by the AA (similar to the ADAC) and I found it this afternoon. During that tour we stopped at a glassworks  but I cannot remember where it was in the  "Black Forest" and the guy was blowing glass. He asked if anyone wanted a go. I was the only volunteer. I kept my blown glass for years before getting rid. car used was a Blue 2.0 petrol Carlton auto (Omega A?)

Next time it will probably be the east side of the country. I would like to see Hohenschwangau for example.  But even Europe is a very very big place!
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 19 queries.