Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dti inlet manifold  (Read 1258 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
dti inlet manifold
« on: 20 December 2018, 20:18:04 »

how often should I de-coke the inlet manifold on a dti ?

ajsphead

• Intermediate Member
  • North Somerset
    • Omega 2.2 DTi estate
    • View Profile
Re: dti inlet manifold
« Reply #1 on: 21 December 2018, 07:26:12 »

Depends on quite a few things but mainly how it's driven. Not a hard job to remove and check, possibly a "nice" little job to do over the Christmas break.

Mine's done 140K and is still functioning exactly as intended. Mapping out the EGR does help. Of all my cars, the DTi is the one 1 drive the least gently, it seems to go better if you don't let it dawdle about too much.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 December 2018, 20:20:59 »

Depends on quite a few things but mainly how it's driven. Not a hard job to remove and check, possibly a "nice" little job to do over the Christmas break.

Mine's done 140K and is still functioning exactly as intended. Mapping out the EGR does help. Of all my cars, the DTi is the one 1 drive the least gently, it seems to go better if you don't let it dawdle about too much.
I had it remapped & egr sorted about 18mths ago. it was de-coked then. I agree about not dawdling I do push mine . if I remember the injector pipes need to be removed to get the manifold off.

ajsphead

• Intermediate Member
  • North Somerset
    • Omega 2.2 DTi estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 December 2018, 10:34:37 »

If it was properly cleaned out fairly recently then unless something drastic has happened to cause a load of crap to get into the intake, then, with no recycling of exhaust related gunge I wouldn't bother to look for about 10 years, maybe more, if ever.

The last MOT smoke test on mine was 0.33 as a guide so if yours is similar then it's pretty particulate free so really no need to worry.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 December 2018, 13:34:19 »

If it was properly cleaned out fairly recently then unless something drastic has happened to cause a load of crap to get into the intake, then, with no recycling of exhaust related gunge I wouldn't bother to look for about 10 years, maybe more, if ever.

The last MOT smoke test on mine was 0.33 as a guide so if yours is similar then it's pretty particulate free so really no need to worry.
I just had a look & all that I got was the actual M.O.T no info on the smoke test. also checked & manifold was cleaned July 17. will be ok .
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.