Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Insurance Renewal - Putting the Pressure On  (Read 6163 times)

STEMO

Re: Insurance Renewal - Putting the Pressure On
« Reply #15 on: 23 January 2019, 13:00:11 »

I received my insurance renewal quote from the AA; Comprehensive, £150 compulsory excess, £50 voluntary, full legal protection, etc, etc,, all singing and dancing defaqto 5 star policy that I normal have, gone up to £647 from £535!!

So, once more I go into "negotiation" mode.  Speak to AA and after putting on the pressure of "going elsewhere" got down to £450.  Still not low enough for my liking, so stage two of negotiations then brought in price comparison quotes, with the best from Saga, with all the same benefits as with the AA / Ageas, at £380.  Phoned AA this morning and stated I wanted to move on with Saga, After being told they did not want to lose such a long term member of the AA they got it down to £379! Just over £1 per day over the year 8) :y

Happy with that and sticking with an insurer who I know will look after me if the worst happens, and accept that my Omega cannot be easily replaced as back in 2017!!  But why do we have to go through this continual fight to get a reasonably priced policy for our Omega's? ::) ::) ;)

Are you 18 years old, Lizzie? ::)

I paid £239 to insure 5 litres of creamy supercharged goodness. They also gave me a £20 petrol voucher for Texaco.......so £219 really. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Yes, but you are surrounded by flat fields, with only the odd yokel tractor driver to disturb the peace.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 January 2019, 13:02:29 »

I received my insurance renewal quote from the AA; Comprehensive, £150 compulsory excess, £50 voluntary, full legal protection, etc, etc,, all singing and dancing defaqto 5 star policy that I normal have, gone up to £647 from £535!!

So, once more I go into "negotiation" mode.  Speak to AA and after putting on the pressure of "going elsewhere" got down to £450.  Still not low enough for my liking, so stage two of negotiations then brought in price comparison quotes, with the best from Saga, with all the same benefits as with the AA / Ageas, at £380.  Phoned AA this morning and stated I wanted to move on with Saga, After being told they did not want to lose such a long term member of the AA they got it down to £379! Just over £1 per day over the year 8) :y

Happy with that and sticking with an insurer who I know will look after me if the worst happens, and accept that my Omega cannot be easily replaced as back in 2017!!  But why do we have to go through this continual fight to get a reasonably priced policy for our Omega's? ::) ::) ;)

Are you 18 years old, Lizzie? ::)

I paid £239 to insure 5 litres of creamy supercharged goodness. They also gave me a £20 petrol voucher for Texaco.......so £219 really. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Yes, but you are surrounded by flat fields, with only the odd yokel tractor driver to disturb the peace.  ;D

Carrots left on the road can be very dangerous you know. :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 January 2019, 17:14:53 »

The AA are not an insurer, only a broker.

TBE, a 2003 3.2 Elite Auto, I think is about £230 this year, FC, 20k pa, not garaged, full business use by me and Mrs TB, and declared mods - LPG, bodykit, wheels, exhaust etc.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #18 on: 23 January 2019, 17:39:28 »

I think we pay about £300 each for our astras, fully comp, wifey's for business use. Me, 17000 miles, wifey 12000. That's supposed to include a discount for having both cars plus home insurance with the same company, LV.
I'm a lazy git, but I think I should have a look around at renewal.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 January 2019, 17:49:04 »

I think we pay about £300 each for our astras, fully comp, wifey's for business use. Me, 17000 miles, wifey 12000. That's supposed to include a discount for having both cars plus home insurance with the same company, LV.

Almost certainly more expensive than when insured individually.........but as you rightly say you're a lazy scouse git with an excess of funds. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 January 2019, 17:51:29 »

Yes. They load the premium by 50% and then give you a 20% discount. A ploy that works very well for them.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 January 2019, 17:55:39 »

TBE, a 2003 3.2 Elite Auto, I think is about £230 this year, FC, 20k pa, not garaged, full business use by me and Mrs TB, and declared mods - LPG, bodykit, wheels, exhaust etc.

I know that TB, and that is why I mentioned the actual insurer, Ageas. ;)

As for your quoted price, that is not availble to me with what my policy includes and where I live, and allowing for my age and medical condition either direct or via comparison sites. ;)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23 January 2019, 17:59:11 »

As for your quoted price, that is not availble to me with what my policy includes and where I live, and allowing for my age and medical condition either direct or via comparison sites. ;)
Is being a woman ,a recognized medical condition by car insurers now  :-\
 ;) :D ;D

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 23 January 2019, 18:03:42 »

You want to try living in Liverpool. My bro has got a beat up Rover 75 and can't get his under £700.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 23 January 2019, 18:06:37 »

Is being a woman ,a recognized medical condition by car insurers now  :-\
 ;) :D ;D

Very funny Dave! :o :o ;D ;D ;)

To add though, would any of us, who is sane, cover comprehensively a 3.2 litre car driver, living in the South East for just over £1 per week as I am?

I really do doubt the quality of any motor insurance covering in such a way for about 75p per week as quoted by TB, or worse still, about 40p per week as quoted by Migv6. That 'quality' will become apparent when a claim is made and you want your Omega fully repaired. ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 January 2019, 18:08:40 »

You want to try living in Liverpool. My bro has got a beat up Rover 75 and can't get his under £700.

Exactly Steve :y :y :y

Live in Liverpool, London, and the other major cities, and the South East the risks are considered very high and therefore the premiums reflect that :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 January 2019, 18:24:59 »

Thanks. But no thanks. :)

STEMO

« Reply #27 on: 23 January 2019, 18:33:14 »

Thanks. But no thanks. :)
You wouldn't last five minutes  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23 January 2019, 18:39:14 »

I live in Essex which I doubt is classed as a low risk area. I remember two or three years ago my insurance was with Ageas, via some broker or other. I still paid under half what LZ pays.  :-\
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23 January 2019, 18:54:09 »

I live in Essex which I doubt is classed as a low risk area. I remember two or three years ago my insurance was with Ageas, via some broker or other. I still paid under half what LZ pays.  :-\

You are obviously lucky Migv6, and as I stated I tried your insurer, Avia, and they quoted £579 for an equivalent policy I have with Ageas, but with an excess of £500, not just the £150 I have.  No idea how you have their policy for £150 with the same terms I have. So, lucky you :D :y
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.