Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: We know they can't fix cars but ....  (Read 3335 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: We know they can't fix cars but ....
« Reply #15 on: 03 February 2019, 17:50:11 »

I have to take my company Audi there, its a hard job getting them to change tyres until they are down to 2mm.
Yeah, having similar issues when having to use Shitfit on lease cars she used to get, I can confirm its down to the lease/fleet company rules, as LZ says :)
Grumpy old man

nellys coupe

• buckinghamshire
    • hyundai coupe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 February 2019, 19:41:18 »

was in my local quick fit a few months ago there was a  guy in there wanting 2 front tyres, the young tehnican tryed to undo the locking wheel nut and snapped the key. the man behind the counter said to the customer you need a new locking wheel nut key going to cost you £20 the guys says no its going to cost you £20 as you fitted new brake pads last week. whoooops :D
coupe rebuild master

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 February 2019, 20:01:41 »

I have only visited Shitfit once about 20 years ago to get an exhaust system fitted to my Senator.
While the car was still up on the ramp the manager appeared and asked if I was aware my rear tyres were below the legal limit.
I told him I was aware they were close to, but not below the legal limit and I had arranged to have a pair fitted elsewhere the following week.
He then told me that he was certain they were below the limit and he had a legal duty to prevent the car leaving the premises without a new pair of tyres being fitted !  ;D
Being younger and more fiery then, I told him he had ten seconds to instruct his fitters to lower the ramp and give me my keys or he would be leaving the premises in the back of a fickin ambulance.. He complied within the specified time.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 February 2019, 11:59:16 »

was in my local quick fit a few months ago there was a  guy in there wanting 2 front tyres, the young tehnican tryed to undo the locking wheel nut and snapped the key. the man behind the counter said to the customer you need a new locking wheel nut key going to cost you £20 the guys says no its going to cost you £20 as you fitted new brake pads last week. whoooops :D

Yet another example of this showers attitude to customers and their cars. >:(

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 February 2019, 12:03:33 »

I have only visited Shitfit once about 20 years ago to get an exhaust system fitted to my Senator.
While the car was still up on the ramp the manager appeared and asked if I was aware my rear tyres were below the legal limit.
I told him I was aware they were close to, but not below the legal limit and I had arranged to have a pair fitted elsewhere the following week.
He then told me that he was certain they were below the limit and he had a legal duty to prevent the car leaving the premises without a new pair of tyres being fitted !  ;D
Being younger and more fiery then, I told him he had ten seconds to instruct his fitters to lower the ramp and give me my keys or he would be leaving the premises in the back of a fickin ambulance.. He complied within the specified time.  ;D

Yes, seen all that and more with this lot!  Just 3 years ago I had the pleasure of yet again voicing my opinion of Kwikfittup in their local outlets reception area as they tried to change (deliberately, as they had been told clearly by us which one to change) the wrong tyre on her blue badge car that Mobility wanted done at KF.  They lost at least two more customers that day as they walked out after hearing my claims accumulated over 30 years!!  No one challenged me, not even the depot's manager!!  Says it all! ::) ::) >:( >:(
« Last Edit: 04 February 2019, 12:05:04 by Lizzie Zoom »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04 February 2019, 14:23:03 »

I've only used them once and that was for new rear discs and pads on my Omega when I first bought it and didn't have the time, inclination or facilities to DIY at the time.  After phoning around they were the cheapest, I dropped the car off, they did the job, charged me what they quoted and didn't try to upsell anything.

Maybe I was lucky?  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04 February 2019, 15:15:46 »

I've only used them once and that was for new rear discs and pads on my Omega when I first bought it and didn't have the time, inclination or facilities to DIY at the time.  After phoning around they were the cheapest, I dropped the car off, they did the job, charged me what they quoted and didn't try to upsell anything.

There is obviously the odd branch that is run by humans :-X
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04 February 2019, 15:17:23 »

Heretic...

;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04 February 2019, 17:19:14 »

There is obviously the odd branch that is run by humans :-X
Nah, they probably made the quota on the previous victim.
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04 February 2019, 17:38:16 »

Never used KF but did once go to one called Motosave[unsurprisingly long since defunct]for a tyre.manager type advised me that their "technician" had noted that the exhaust manifold had a blow and the nearside lower balljoint was worn to a dangerous state and would I like them to give me a quote to put it right.I told him I knew of the manifold problem-it was a 2L SD1 and they were known for this-and that it was a dealer only part,the lower balljoint was part of the bottom arm which had just been replaced less than half hour previously at which point he "suggested" that maybe the play was in the wheel bearing and not the balljoint and did I want them to quote me a price to replace that :o :o.Strangely I declined his kind offer ;D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.