Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: INSURANCE WRITE OFF  (Read 3372 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: INSURANCE WRITE OFF
« Reply #15 on: 24 February 2019, 17:13:24 »

Isn't Lizzie good at getting the insurance companies to pay out for full repairs? Speak to her.....

Ron.

Well, yes, I do have a good record with this type of claim :D :D

I do not know the details of Mike's Omega, but whatever it is you tell your insurance company that if they are tempted to "write it off", you want them to find an exact replacement with similar mileage, same spec, same condition, which was mint, before the accident. That will put the liability on them to sort this claim out in your favour (what insurance company are you with?)  As it was not your fault, and apparently will only cost £400 to repair, you will accept the third party paying you the value you have placed on your car, plus costs and compensation, then you will arrange for a body shop (that you know will do a good job at the price quoted) to carryout the work, supplying them with the replacement parts if required. Yes, the insurance company may / will class your car as a D write off, but once repaired they will continue with the current insurance cover.  You will NOT require a new MOT, unless of course that is due.

This is all I have experienced, with two Omega so called "write offs", with me coming away with what I wanted, not to suit the insurance company (most recently I have found Ageas to be most helpful when achieving my aims, even when I was at fault).  Having a 'rare' car like an Omega, especially a late, mint, low mileage, 3.2 only assisted with my claim as it gave me a strange advantage.

I hope Mike you get what YOU want, but sorry for your bad luck.  Make sure the sods pay for it and you come away with the upper hand :y :y

PS. My insurance premium I have negotiated DOWN since my accident from the £680 they wanted to charge to £340 with the same insurance company, and that is when it was "my fault". ;)

Thanks for the advice Lizzie, currently with LV have not got back to them yet, they have chased me to send them pics, which I done about 4 weeks ago now, so they do not even know they have them and ASDA are with Gallagher Bassett

A pleasure Mike. :y

I have never been with LV, but they seem to be working slowly to resolve your case. Personally I would be chasing them everyday until I got the answers I wanted.  Constant communication with all parties I have found to be essential.  Best of luck :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 February 2019, 17:29:52 »

LV are woeful and will sell your details. Expect to be hounded for Personal Injury crap because your car was written off in the accident 'so you must have been injured'.

You presumed I was referring to you LZ. I wasn't specifically, but it's your prerogative to take offence :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 February 2019, 18:04:02 »

LV are woeful and will sell your details. Expect to be hounded for Personal Injury crap because your car was written off in the accident 'so you must have been injured'.

You presumed I was referring to you LZ. I wasn't specifically, but it's your prerogative to take offence :D

;D ;D ;D sorry DG, just seemed like my and your posts were linked. I didn't take offence as in some respects you were right, and I personally expected to be hit hard after my accident.  Thank goodness I wasn't because, apparently, they did not "want to lose such a valued customer". Bullshit of course, but it worked in my favour during my negotiating my renewal! :D :y

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 February 2019, 19:04:53 »

;D ;D ;D sorry DG, just seemed like my and your posts were linked. I didn't take offence as in some respects you were right, and I personally expected to be hit hard after my accident.  Thank goodness I wasn't because, apparently, they did not "want to lose such a valued customer". Bullshit of course, but it worked in my favour during my negotiating my renewal! :D :y
they wanted to make sure the car was looked after ,all their money is tied up in it  ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 February 2019, 05:15:22 »

;D ;D ;D sorry DG, just seemed like my and your posts were linked. I didn't take offence as in some respects you were right, and I personally expected to be hit hard aftejjr my accident.  Thank goodness I wasn't because, apparently, they did not "want to lose such a valued customer". Bullshit of course, but it worked in my favour during my negotiating my renewal! :D :y
they wanted to make sure the car was looked after ,all their money is tied up in it  ;D

;D ;D ;D yes, and I always put the value of my current Omega to be £4,000 which although does have no legal standing actual helped my last claim, they know how much is invested in it. I challenged them to find a replacement like it, so they 'invested' some more!! :D :D ;)
« Last Edit: 25 February 2019, 05:17:17 by Lizzie Zoom »

2boxerdogs

« Reply #20 on: 02 March 2019, 19:02:50 »

Been with LV for over 20 years & have never had any problems with them whatsoever , have had two write off claims in that period which were dealt with quickly & professionally.  Have never had any phone calls regarding injury claims either.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03 March 2019, 03:26:41 »

Perhaps you were lucky. Details in the calls could only have come from one place. Mine was a Taxi policy although that shouldn't have made any difference.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #22 on: 03 March 2019, 08:36:13 »

Have used them since they were known as Frizzels , gave good reductions for civil servants & other various " perks" they still do , have used  the CSMA club for various offers .
But incredibly our car insurance premiums reduce in cost each year only pay around £225 for the Subaru & Hyundai.
Once the Merc is 20 years old will see what the quote is on their classic policy, at the moment it is with Peter Best .

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03 March 2019, 09:36:47 »

Have used them since they were known as Frizzels , gave good reductions for civil servants & other various " perks" they still do , have used  the CSMA club for various offers .
I used to be a CSMA member purely for the Frizzell discount, until I shopped around, realising (for me at the time) they were mental on cost (and the mag is utter drivel written by poor journalists who cant get a real journo job).

Every year I check them (LV) but still, even after 29yrs since my last policy with them), nowhere near competitive.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03 March 2019, 09:46:41 »

Price was the only reason I went with them for the Taxi as my usual insurer was having a moment.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.