Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Jump Starting Modern Cars  (Read 4540 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Jump Starting Modern Cars
« Reply #30 on: 11 March 2019, 15:06:15 »

Modern car doesn't flatten battery when left unlike the knackered old jalopies we all run, shocker. ;) ;D ;D

(Just jealous because I'm pretty sure I can stand there and watch the battery go flat in real time in the BMW..)

Modern cars can be worse, that's the joy of having all the wonderful modern features we all crave which are constantly running....the result is a continuous current draw by Telematics, Body Control, Remote functions etc etc

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Jump Starting Modern Cars
« Reply #31 on: 11 March 2019, 15:18:56 »

Don't have those worries with my 190D. Having said that, if it runs out of fuel or has a fuel filter change its a bastard of a thing to start.
I have been running it low on WVO over the last week so I could put diesel in for the MOT. Yesterday I calculated that I had no more than 15 miles of fuel left so drove 2 miles to the nearest garage. It actually ran out as I pulled up at the diesel pump !  :o
I had a hell of a job getting it to start again. It was trying to fire, but the battery was getting low so it couldn't quite fire and keep running.
I had to leave it for 5 minutes to rest the battery and try again, and after 5 or 6 attempts at this it managed to start.
I was at the point of calling swmbo to come to the garage with a set of jump leads.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 18 queries.