Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I am not a robot  (Read 2900 times)

aaronjb

Re: I am not a robot
« Reply #15 on: 19 March 2019, 14:20:03 »

A major problem for me is that the pictures are often quite fuzzy, so there might be a traffic light/spider/bicycle/store front/small boy somewhere in the background that is completely invisible to my aged eyes, at least I assume this is why so many hours have been wasted trying to verify successfully. >:(

Hold Ctrl and press the + key, several times. Everything will get bigger, pictures included, in most browsers :)

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 March 2019, 14:27:53 »

Had a new one yesterday , spot the pictures with Mountains in them , wonder when they'll show pictures with actual robots in them  ;D

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 March 2019, 15:36:42 »

Had a new one yesterday , spot the pictures with Mountains in them , wonder when they'll show pictures with actual robots in them  ;D

Me too. :-X

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 March 2019, 17:08:48 »

A major problem for me is that the pictures are often quite fuzzy, so there might be a traffic light/spider/bicycle/store front/small boy somewhere in the background that is completely invisible to my aged eyes, at least I assume this is why so many hours have been wasted trying to verify successfully. >:(

Should you still be driving?  Take an eye test quick! :D :D :D :D ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 March 2019, 21:24:47 »

Its a necessary evil, hence we use a simple system here as well.  Although the system we use probably blocks 99.99% of robotic attempts to spam, a fair few still get through.  If we were to be actively targeted this percentage of blocks would drop, and number of attempts would increase.

You have to accept that where there is money to be made - be it a link in a spam message, or attempts to steal private data, or just target an individual - people will try to exploit it. Because of the small sums made for each click through, it makes sense to automate, so if you get 0.001p per click through, that can be significant if you can get it on hundreds of pages across 100,000 sites....
Grumpy old man

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19 March 2019, 22:26:57 »

Its a necessary evil, hence we use a simple system here as well.  Although the system we use probably blocks 99.99% of robotic attempts to spam, a fair few still get through.  If we were to be actively targeted this percentage of blocks would drop, and number of attempts would increase.

You have to accept that where there is money to be made - be it a link in a spam message, or attempts to steal private data, or just target an individual - people will try to exploit it. Because of the small sums made for each click through, it makes sense to automate, so if you get 0.001p per click through, that can be significant if you can get it on hundreds of pages across 100,000 sites....

So for all my 'clicks through' on these verify quizzes, I can get paid as well? Excellent. :y

aaronjb

« Reply #21 on: 20 March 2019, 09:00:03 »

Your cheque from Google will be in the mail..
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.