Chat Area > General Car Chat

Rare sight indeed

(1/5) > >>

BazaJT:
Just getting home from dog walking and heard a fairly throaty exhaust note followed very shortly after by the sight of a K reg Marcos Mantis :o It looked to be in absolutely mint condition in a dark bronze colour  :y :y Not very common when new,I can't recall the last time I actually saw one even at a classic car show.

Nick W:
I've not seen the Triumph engined one, that was local to me, for a while.

There used to be a Matra Bagheera - a car I've always fancied - around the corner too

Viral_Jim:
I think that the only time I've ever seen these is on the a Marcos stand at the Le Mans classic. A rare old bird indeed!  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:

--- Quote from: BazaJT on 21 March 2019, 16:27:06 ---Just getting home from dog walking and heard a fairly throaty exhaust note followed very shortly after by the sight of a K reg Marcos Mantis :o It looked to be in absolutely mint condition in a dark bronze colour  :y :y Not very common when new,I can't recall the last time I actually saw one even at a classic car show.

--- End quote ---

K reg will be from 1971/2........an extremely rare car.

Woodwork teacher at school around the same time owned a bright yellow Clan Crusader......which if memory serves came with an 875 cc lump from a Hillman Imp.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:

--- Quote from: Nick W on 21 March 2019, 16:42:27 ---I've not seen the Triumph engined one, that was local to me, for a while.

There used to be a Matra Bagheera - a car I've always fancied - around the corner too

--- End quote ---

Three seats?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version