Chat Area > General Car Chat

Big rise in cost of air con servicing.

(1/9) > >>

ronnyd:
Has this been discussed on here before? Booked my Vectra in for one today and the guy, (who also did my Desmond :'() says that the cost of the fluid has gone up in price due to EU rationing the amount that can be manufactured to combat climate change. Seems the fluid is very harmful to the environment and if there won,t be enough around some drivers might be disappointed. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Bigron:
Just another excuse to extract more money, on the back of spurious environmental claims. >:(

Ron.

Entwood:
I'm sure Serek can give us the truth, after all, he does one of the best Air Con services I have ever had !!

:)

Viral_Jim:

--- Quote from: ronnyd on 22 March 2019, 22:09:27 ---Has this been discussed on here before? Booked my Vectra in for one today and the guy, (who also did my Desmond :'() says that the cost of the fluid has gone up in price due to EU rationing the amount that can be manufactured to combat climate change. Seems the fluid is very harmful to the environment and if there won,t be enough around some drivers might be disappointed. Anyone else have any thoughts?

--- End quote ---

Sounds like total bobbins to me. I mean, why wouldn't they buy it from outside the EU, if that were true.

Depending on when you last had your Aircon serviced, it could cost more as the value of the pound is down now compared to 2-3yrs ago. But even then, the cost of the fluid is unlikely to be a massive percentage of the total cost of the work.

Overall, sounds like s load of sh!te to me.

Andy H:

--- Quote from: ronnyd on 22 March 2019, 22:09:27 ---Has this been discussed on here before? Booked my Vectra in for one today and the guy, (who also did my Desmond :'() says that the cost of the fluid has gone up in price due to EU rationing the amount that can be manufactured to combat climate change. Seems the fluid is very harmful to the environment and if there won,t be enough around some drivers might be disappointed. Anyone else have any thoughts?

--- End quote ---
He's correct. Search for "F-Gas regulations" and "R134a phase down"

R134a is being rationed now and the price is shooting up.

The newest cars are using a gas called R1234yf.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version